News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WxChat.com

I need to install this mod and hack at it

DTDestroyer

perplexed

Quote from: DTDestroyer on February 09, 2007, 06:53:18 PM
[email protected]

If I just enter the email address alone in the field, it show the address, but not as a link.

With your help it is now a link that says e-mail me, I just want to display the address (instead of email me) and have it as a clickable link.

Sorry if I was not clear....

and a pain in the ass......lol

oh that's easy :)

just do what you did above

Text to display before field (BBC is ok if enabled above)

[email]

Text to display after field (BBC is ok if enabled above)

[/email]

that will show as

[email protected]

remember to check the parse BBC box

Most people want to hide the email address, so I thought that's what you wanted lol

DTDestroyer

How did I not figure that out on my own, I must have tried everything but that, lol. That did the trick, thanks so much for your help!  

naitram

i have been playing this mod, and i added a new field CP4 that i want to display on the top of every page

i have the follwing code in my index.template.php

if ($context['user']['is_logged']) {
        global $sourcedir;
        require($sourcedir . '/CustomProfile.php');

if ($context['member']['options']['CP4']){

this works when i'm on the profile screen but not on any other screen, i'm sure i'm missing something simple but i can't seem to find it

perplexed

Quote from: DTDestroyer on February 10, 2007, 03:06:39 PM
How did I not figure that out on my own, I must have tried everything but that, lol. That did the trick, thanks so much for your help! 
lol no probs, you did really figure it out, you just didnt know it :)

kaype

Quote from: kaype on February 08, 2007, 06:23:13 PM
Hey guys I am not sure if this is answered before, but what I am looking for is a condition during registration. That is, if the user enters [email protected] they they are shown a set of reg details/fields, but if they enter any other domain than hxxp:abc.com [nonactive] then the are shown a different reg details/fields. There is also a catch here, there are few mandatory fields which change depending on the email, so that also needs to be taken care.

Thanks in advance

I guess...none have done this in SMF!

perplexed

dunno, might be beyond the scope of this mod since this adds fields to profiles, which can also appear on posts and at registration time.  

tfischer

I'm having trouble installing this mod:

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
7. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php

Here's what I currently have installed:
Mod Name Version 
1. Gallery 2 Integration 1.0beta3 [ Uninstall ]
2. Add PM Info To header (v1.0) 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
3. SMF Links 1.6.3 [ Uninstall ]
4. Reason For Editing Mod 1.14 [ Uninstall ]

Thanks!
-Tim

renxokuken

great mod. but when will the version that support SMF 1.1.2 be out ?

tfischer

Quote from: tfischer on February 11, 2007, 11:50:21 PM
I'm having trouble installing this mod:

1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
7. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php 
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php

Here's what I currently have installed:
Mod Name Version 
1. Gallery 2 Integration 1.0beta3 [ Uninstall ]
2. Add PM Info To header (v1.0) 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
3. SMF Links 1.6.3 [ Uninstall ]
4. Reason For Editing Mod 1.14 [ Uninstall ]

Thanks!
-Tim

Sorry to bump this -- anyone have any info?  I'm getting pressure from the outside to get this working...

I do apologize if the answer is somewhere in the 61(!) pages of responses here -- I did read through some of them and didn't see anything related.

-Tim

Bigguy

If you open up the .xml file (not the package-info.xml) that comes with the package you will see the edits that need to be done to the file that fails. You would need to install the mod then download the modsettings.php file and edit it manually in an editor. Then re-upload that file (saving the original modsettings.php file and backing up first) and all should be good.

If you do attempt something like this Please backup first. What is more than likely happening is another package that is installed is interferring with the installation of this one.

tfischer

Thanks for the reply.

I was actually able to get this to install by uninstalling all my other mods, installing this one, then reinstalling the others (which worked).

The conflict was with the Gallery integration mod.  But that mod allowed itself to install after this mod without error.  Not sure if there's a bug in there somewhere but if so, consider it reported  :).

I've played with this mod for a few minutes now and it seems like it does exactly what I want.  Thanks!

-Tim

Bigguy

Jauhari

I got this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/umm/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 335

My SMF is 1.1 and how to fix it?
hxxp:forums.fitriarich.com [nonactive]

URPG

SunilDVR

I may be asking this in the wrong place, but as it's to do with this mod I thought it'd be a good place to start!

Firstly - the mod is excellent - I'm using it on a forum which is restricted to membership of an organisation, so I've implemented "Name" and "Membership Number" fields - the first is visible to all, the second is only visible to moderators - and required that they are both completed on signing up to the forum. This means that new users no longer have to e-mail me with these details to request access - saving a lot of effort!

However, we already have 270-odd users, and although some will add the info, others probably won't and we'll have to chase them up about it (I don't fancy going through 18 months of e-mails finding all of the members details and adding them manually...)

I need a way of viewing members who have not yet filled this field in... Either by searching for them, or by viewing a list of all members, and organising it by the appropriate column ascending/descending to have the "blank" fields at the top. The custom fields are not displayed in the Admin member list or search functions... and I don't really wish to start modifying these files, as 1) I don't know enough about how SMF works, and 2) I want to make it easy to upgrade the forum in future so I try to avoid changing the main code base.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please? I thought about running a search on the DB (using PHPMyAdmin, or writing a custom PHP script) which would just return all usernames, e-mails, and custom profile fields. However, SMF is quite a complex application, and to make things more complicated, the custom fields are kept in smf_settings, whilst the rest of the member information is in smf_members (and I'm not sure how they're linked, precisely...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sunil

perplexed

I think that is planned for the next version.  You might be able to do something in sql but I don't know.

winrules

My sincere apologies for neglecting this topic. Luckily I should have more time now :). As I said in my previous reply, I am currently working on a new version. I will include many new features (such as permissions for viewing/editing fields, displaying (and searching for) fields on the memberlist, possibly (though please don't give me a headache for saying this if it doesn't end up happening) being able to rearrange, disable, and edit default fields, and will use a much stabler backend (hence fixing bugs that have to go with flaws in the current backend). I also won't be patching and bugs in this version (with the possible exception of a security hole or other major bug). If I missed anyone here please just let me know and I will reply (with the exception of feature requests and bug reports, the former I have read and will consider, the later see my note above about patching bugs in the current version).

abc-survivors.net - Just recreate the fields and make sure to give them the same data ID.

gemigene - Do you see the type dropdown menu? Or is it that there is only the text option?

samames - Can you make sure all files with uploading correctly?

moraidh - That file is for upgrading from previous versions. Ignore it.

JamesWC - Try $user_info['options']['CP1'].

frax0 - Do you get any other errors?

apis - You'll have to manually install the changes for those files to your theme.

crackeyes - Do you get any other errors?

Buddha480 - Are you sure all the files were uploaded correctly?

skoozee - Are you sure the files got uploaded corrently?

Jauhari - Can you attach your ModSettings.php?

URPG - Yes, it is compatible with 1.1.2.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

JamesWC

Quote from: winrules on February 13, 2007, 05:15:48 PMJamesWC - Try $user_info['options']['CP1'].

That doesn't seem to work, unfortunately. I'm happy to wait for the new version though, so if you could keep this issue in mind when writing it then maybe the solution will become straightforward. Thanks. :)

Advertisement: