News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Theme shrinks

Started by bfc, April 01, 2006, 10:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfc

Hi,

I just changed my SMF theme to the "SMF Default Theme". But for some reason it shrinks my entire site including my Joomla theme. The SMF Classic theme works fine. So i'm a bit confused about why this happens.
Anybody have any ideas about why this happens and how it can be fixed?

You can check the problem at www.bluefightingcat.com
When you clikc on "Forum" or "games" the entire site shrinks.

BFC
Visit www.bluefightingcat.com
Send free SMS messages (Registered users only) and learn about Scuba Diving.

Kindred

conflicting CSS files... the SMF new default is mostly CSS these days...  and the way you have it set up, the SMF CSS replaces the joomla CSS duplicate entries.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bfc

Ok! So how do I fix it?  ???

BFC
Visit www.bluefightingcat.com
Send free SMS messages (Registered users only) and learn about Scuba Diving.

Kindred

Easiest:
1- use one of the themes specifically designed to be wrapped in joomla

works, but not the most recommended, if anyone ever accesses your froum directly, it will look screwy.
2- modify your SMF's CSS file to remove or merge the duplicates with the joomla CSS

most suggested but most labor intensive:
3- copy the SMF CSS into the joomla CSS. remove/merge duplicates, comment out the lin in SMF and in the bridge code that calls for the SMF CSS file.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: