News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

IE Issues with Bridge 1.1.3

Started by Posie, April 04, 2006, 07:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Posie

I have upgraded to Joomla 1.08 and have therefore removed the old 1.1.2 bridge and installed version 1.1.3.  I have removed the extra code from my Joomla templates however I have spotted a couple of problems.  I run SMF wrapped and use a separate Joomla template for the forum.  Since changing to the new bridge, whenever I click on a thread link in the forum, it takes me to a page that is wrapped in the default template rather than the forum template :-\  I also cannot view the forum in IE.  The page reloads 3 or 4 times and often only half the page appears.  If someone could help me I would very much appreciate it.  Half my users connect to the forum through IE.

Posie

OK I fixed the template issues by changing the Itemid to the new ID however the IE problems exist.  In addition I have recieved this comment from one of my users:

I had problems in Safari earlier in that it wouldn't let me post ("you've already submitted this post") the second time I logged in, with a clear cache, but I didn't check the cookies. It would say password incorrect but log me in anyway? Well, with clear cache and cookies it's done it here on the PC as well (FF), and I also have the following error message at the end of any SMF page:

QuoteDatabase Error: Table 'simposie_joomla.smf_sessions' doesn't exist
File: /home/simposie/public_html/smf/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1902
Warning: Unknown: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

I've opened up load.php and it is the bottome line of this section:

// First try to update an existing row...
$result = db_query("
UPDATE {$db_prefix}sessions
SET data = '" . addslashes($data) . "', last_update = " . time() . "
WHERE session_id = '" . addslashes($session_id) . "'
LIMIT 1", __FILE__, __LINE__);

Orstio

QuoteI also cannot view the forum in IE.  The page reloads 3 or 4 times and often only half the page appears.  If someone could help me I would very much appreciate it.  Half my users connect to the forum through IE.

Turn off compressed output in SMF.  If you wish to use compressed output, turn it on in Joomla, not in SMF.

Posie

I did try that but it made no difference :-[  I thought I would start again from scratch just incase the previous bridge didn't uninstall correctly.  I'll update you on how it turns out.  Thanks for replying :)

Posie

I tried a fresh install and had the same problem.  However by adding code back in to my template the site is running fine.

*Edit* I am seeing the following errors appear frequently however it is only from a handful of my users:

8: Undefined index: member
File: /home/simposie/public_html/smf/Sources/LogInOut.php
Line: 119

8: Undefined index: memberName
File: /home/simposie/public_html/smf/Sources/LogInOut.php
Line: 438

These users can only log into SMF and not SMF & Joomla.  I have made them delete their cookies & cache plus force a refreshed page directly from the server.  I have also reduced the security setting to level 2 in Joomla 1.08 however it only fixed the issue for one user :-\  In addition I have to have the following code in my template as without it the forum page constantly reloads in IE.

My site is Joomla 1.08, SMF 1.1 RC2 with bridge 1.1.3.

Posie

Through trial and error I have discovered that error messages are because Joomla usernames are now case sensitive.  Do I have to use the same fix that was given for 1.1.2?

Kindred

that fix had nothing to do with case sensativity...   I think the case sensativity has to do with the joomla 1.0.8 code itself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

paki

Quote from: Kindred on April 07, 2006, 01:10:42 PM
that fix had nothing to do with case sensativity...   I think the case sensativity has to do with the joomla 1.0.8 code itself.

how would I go about removing the case sensitivity?
http://www.dfwhyundais.com <-- Dallas/Ft. Worth's Local Hyundai Group

ChaosEnergy

is there a solution?
i have same issue with 1.14 bridge
Chaos Empire ®

Orstio

Joomla is case sensitive.  Not the bridge.

ChaosEnergy

But whre is the issue with the case sesitivity..

cause my login name is correctly written
Chaos Empire ®

Orstio

The problem mentioned in this topic is case sensitivity.  Because Joomla is case sensitive, the Joomla cookie will not set if you do not use the proper case for the username when you login.

If you are experiencing a similar problem, but it is not related to case sensitivity, then you are not experiencing the problem in this topic.

Advertisement: