News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bridge 1.1.3, finally released....

Started by Orstio, April 02, 2006, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Quote from: hefesto on April 15, 2006, 08:44:05 PM
Quote from: socialinsight on April 09, 2006, 08:38:51 PM
Just installed this, huge improvements over the previous version and over joomlahacks bridge.

Love the group merging, that is a fantastic feature. Well done Orstio!

I completely agree. Great work.

But I'm having a small problem after upgrading to the new bridge: some few users in my portal(I'm one of them) only log to SMF, but not to Joomla when using the login module that is zipped with the bridge. The strange thing is that it only happens to, maybe, 10 out of 500 users. In my case, I've tried with different browsers, from different computers (even from a Mac), I've deleted all the cookies and the browser cache, but no way. I know another user who can log correctly from his laptop, but not from his PC.

I've created a new user, and it logs correctly, but I want to keep my old user. What can be causing that error?

Thanks in advance.

Hefesto,  Have you noticed that the usernames in 1.1.3 + Joomla 1.0.8 are now case sensative
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

Since it's been a page or two since I posted this:

If you need help with your site, please post your own topic instead of making this one a huge jumbled mess.

Thank you.

hefesto

Someday I'll learn not to type caps when registering  :-\. It was exactly that. Thanks for your help  ;).

David_Adam

Hi,

where can I download the bridge?
I couldn't find a link or something like that.

jorgen

Quote from: David_Adam on April 18, 2006, 03:23:44 PM
where can I download the bridge?
I couldn't find a link or something like that.

Try the first post in this thread...

muslimways

I used to get this error:

Quote from: iqapps on April 02, 2006, 04:42:39 PM
QuoteWarning: smf_header_include(): Unable to access ../forum/SSI.php in /httpd.www/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63
Warning: smf_header_include(../forum/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /httpd.www/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63
Fatal error: smf_header_include(): Failed opening required '../forum/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /httpd.www/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63
I understand it is wrong path OK
Go back to admin and change path to ./forum Now working perfect.

Thank you soo much iqapps, I changed it to .forum and it works  ;D

and great work Orstio  8)

paulv

Quote from: iqapps on April 02, 2006, 07:04:53 PM
Hi

I changed field value1 to VARCHAR(70) and now working

the above is fantastic info for newbs - mine chops the end off too

but let me ask this.

where tf is this field value varchar stuff..........  searching searching through 10000000000000000s of lines of code has yealded nothing.

Orstio

Quotewhere tf is this field value varchar stuff..........  searching searching through 10000000000000000s of lines of code has yealded nothing.

PhpMyAdmin....

rockipsiz

well i've installed bridge 1.1.3, good work, everything works fine but when i want to vote on polls section it says "cookies must be enabled" i don't want to change cookie or session settings. any idea about solving this problem?

solved: i've deleted a part in poll.php it works.

if (!$sessioncookie) {
echo '<h3>'. _ALERT_ENABLED .'</h3>';
echo '<input class="button" type="button" value="'. _CMN_CONTINUE .'" onClick="window.history.go(-1);">';
return;
}

JackGeaven

I still can´t introduce the absolute path because its limited to 50 chars. How can I change this? Whats the file, whats the table?

Edited: Ok, I find the way to increase the absolute path chars. Phpmyadmin > jos_smf_config > value 1 > change 50 to any higher value that fit your absolute path.

Now Another Problem: With the bridge installed, the original pool module from Joomla don´t work. Keep asking to activate de cookies. When I uninstall the bridge the Pool module back to work. Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Orstio

QuoteNow Another Problem: With the bridge installed, the original pool module from Joomla don´t work. Keep asking to activate de cookies. When I uninstall the bridge the Pool module back to work. Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I'm hoping you mean "poll" module, and not pool module...

I think I've said this enough times already, but here goes again....

SMF and the Joomla default poll module both use the same variable name.  They use that variable name for different things.  This is called a variable name collision.  Because of this, the default Joomla poll module is not compatible with SMF.

This is nothing new.  This has ALWAYS been the case, even back to Mambo 4.5.0.  There is no workaround, there is no codefix that will solve the problem securely and functionally.

Your best bet is to switch to a 3rd party poll module like PollXT or eXiT_Poll.  Those will work fine with SMF.

JackGeaven

Quote from: Orstio on April 22, 2006, 09:08:53 AM
QuoteNow Another Problem: With the bridge installed, the original pool module from Joomla don´t work. Keep asking to activate de cookies. When I uninstall the bridge the Pool module back to work. Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

I'm hoping you mean "poll" module, and not pool module...

I think I've said this enough times already, but here goes again....

SMF and the Joomla default poll module both use the same variable name.  They use that variable name for different things.  This is called a variable name collision.  Because of this, the default Joomla poll module is not compatible with SMF.

This is nothing new.  This has ALWAYS been the case, even back to Mambo 4.5.0.  There is no workaround, there is no codefix that will solve the problem securely and functionally.

Your best bet is to switch to a 3rd party poll module like PollXT or eXiT_Poll.  Those will work fine with SMF.
Yes, poll :P
Ok, sorry (i'm kind of newbie on Joomla/SMF yet).

But how about this suggetion from rockipsiz, do you believe this solution is safe? Or its really better pick another poll module?

Quote from: rockipsiz on April 20, 2006, 08:54:36 AM
well i've installed bridge 1.1.3, good work, everything works fine but when i want to vote on polls section it says "cookies must be enabled" i don't want to change cookie or session settings. any idea about solving this problem?

solved: i've deleted a part in poll.php it works.

if (!$sessioncookie) {
echo '<h3>'. _ALERT_ENABLED .'</h3>';
echo '<input class="button" type="button" value="'. _CMN_CONTINUE .'" onClick="window.history.go(-1);">';
return;
}

Orstio

What rockipsiz did there will allow people to vote over and over and over and over again.

rockipsiz

QuoteWhat rockipsiz did there will allow people to vote over and over and over and over again.

No, you can't vote more than one in one day... It says: You already voted for this poll today!

You can test it on http://www.rockipsiz.com  ;)

insondavel

Hello Fellas,

I used the new bridge version ok!
but i cant login in joomla administrator later the updrade?

The system giveme a message:
"incorrect username, password or acess level. try again"

Help-me??

versions:
Forum:  SMF 1.1RC2
Joomla:  1.08
Bridge:  1.1.3

Orstio

Bridge 1.1.4 is available.  Please check the sticky topics.

Advertisement: