Bridge 1.1.3, finally released....

Started by Orstio, April 02, 2006, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

I just tested, thanks for the info.

For some reason, on that particular page, some of your header is being output before the actual page headers.  It doesn't make any sense, because it is set up exactly like the rest of the pages....

Orstio

QuoteI've uninstalled the smf component to see if that would fix it but I still can't put any static content in the home (1st) position on the menu - I just get 'page does not exist'. I'm totally confused 

Is it related to the header bot?

Did you have static content as the first item in your menu before installing the bridge?

iqapps

Hi
Thanx

Quote from: Orstio on April 02, 2006, 08:29:44 PM
I just tested, thanks for the info.

For some reason, on that particular page, some of your header is being output before the actual page headers.  It doesn't make any sense, because it is set up exactly like the rest of the pages....

How this affect funct. of the bridge?

Regards
IQAPPS

zigzag

Hi,
Yes home page has always been static. What's the header bot? (do you mean the old smf bridge code - if yes I removed that first and have double checked it's not there) I've tried deleting the static content and doing another page but it still won't display in the home position. I've global checked in, and cleaned all caches, tried resaving it, checked the publishing & expiry dates, checked the config file etc but still when you type in the url it won't display only when you click on 'home'.

It's really strange & I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. It all went so well on the other sites but they're using the frontpage component :D

Orstio

There is now a bot that replaces the header code for you automatically.

I'm not sure that the bot will work correctly on static content items.

zigzag

Ah - that may be it then  :D  I shall try using the frontpage component instead.

Orstio

Quote from: iqappsHow this affect funct. of the bridge?

It shouldn't, except for the group synch page itself.  This is mainly for installs where there is already a fairly large SMF userbase before bridging, anyway.  Once SMF 1.1 Final is out, the groups will be synched immediately when you change them in the SMF profile.

iqapps

Hi

Thanx Great job anyway... ;D

One small issue. I have checked Ask for ICQ,... but this don't showing in frontend only name,user name, e-mail and password form.

Regards
IQAPPS

Orstio

QuoteOne small issue. I have checked Ask for ICQ,... but this don't showing in frontend only name,user name, e-mail and password form.

Thanks, again.  That is a bug in the bridge registration.  I've fixed it live on your site.  ;)

zigzag

Hi again,
I've sorted out the home page by using the frontpage component instead and I've reinstalled the bridge but still have a problem - it's logging me into smf but not joomla  :(

Orstio

zigzag

Hi,
I've pm'd it & a user account.  :)

john109

Hi there!  I just installed the 1.1.2 bridge yesterday too!   ::)

Oh well thx for your work on this.  I uninstalled the 1.1.2 bridge as in your instructions in your first post and installed the 1.1.3 bridge.  Everything looks ok so far. 

I'm running Joomla 1.0.8 and SMF 1.1RC2.  I've also got Coppermine 1.4.4 bridged to the SMF.

Thanks!  :)

VladimirK

Hello,

Thank you for this bridge. But I do have a problem with it: I use Joomla 1.0.8 and SMF1.1RC2, but the key point is that I have to use russian usernames. So, I've got a problem - when user is trying to log in, he redirected to the page /index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=20&action=login2 with "Wrong password" message. When he enters the same password again, everything works fine...

UPD: I have Menalto Gallery installed and "bridged" as well, and such a users with russian names have "migrated" in the g_hashedPassword table instead of hash for users with english names - maybe this fact could help to understand what is going wrong?

UPD1: It seems that the problem is with "password" in the jos_users table: it has "migrated" value for these users... Does anybody know why value is "migrated" instead the real hashed password?

SOLVED: It was a problem not with bridge, but with SMF itself. Was fixed by removing hidden input fields "hash_passwrd" from all login .php files.

Genbushi

Awesome work, Orstio...thank you!!
I've come across (2) things that I can't seem to beat:

1. When using the 'bridged' registration, I've seemed to have loss the agreement part although it's checked in the config.

2. When I 'wrap' the forum within my site, the main topic boards within a category give error 404 when they're clicked, although the listings in  recent posts, last posts with topic & msg# are properly clickable.

Joomla! 1.0.8
SMF 1.1 rc2 (w\recent SMF patch)
Same database.

http://www.cyrusband.com [nofollow]

For testing, you can see the 'wrapped' test by using the '>' link on the upper left 'Menu'. The topmenu 'Forum' is just an external link to the forum unwrapped.

CoolK

Hi - thx for the bridge update - GREAT WORK!

My question goes for the Login module..
When trying everything else but the align "center" option the modules below gets dragged up so that the login text dissapears beneath them...
I know it sounds strange and was just wondering if it's only me experiencing this problem - maybe it has something to do with my joomla template...

I've attached a screen shot... The language is Danish but I guess that you get the picture  ;)

iqapps

Hi Orstio
Thanx again for great bridge..and help :D

Regards
IQPPS

NuShoes

The Bridge works cool. However, when I tried to "unwrap" the forum, the forum is still warpped!

I'm currently using Joomla 1.0.8 stable and SMF 1.1 RC2.

Orstio

Quote from: VladimirK on April 03, 2006, 02:47:09 AM
Hello,

Thank you for this bridge. But I do have a problem with it: I use Joomla 1.0.8 and SMF1.1RC2, but the key point is that I have to use russian usernames. So, I've got a problem - when user is trying to log in, he redirected to the page /index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=20&action=login2 with "Wrong password" message. When he enters the same password again, everything works fine...

UPD: I have Menalto Gallery installed and "bridged" as well, and such a users with russian names have "migrated" in the g_hashedPassword table instead of hash for users with english names - maybe this fact could help to understand what is going wrong?

UPD1: It seems that the problem is with "password" in the jos_users table: it has "migrated" value for these users... Does anybody know why value is "migrated" instead the real hashed password?

Users that are migrated from SMF to Joomla will have "migrated" in the password field until they change their pasword in their profile.  This is because Joomla cannot understand the SMF password hash.  SMF does not use MD5 like Joomla.

QuoteSOLVED: It was a problem not with bridge, but with SMF itself. Was fixed by removing hidden input fields "hash_passwrd" from all login .php files.

This is essentially disabling a security feature of SMF.  It is not recommended.

Orstio

QuoteThe Bridge works cool. However, when I tried to "unwrap" the forum, the forum is still warpped!

I'm currently using Joomla 1.0.8 stable and SMF 1.1 RC2.

Do you have a URL?

Advertisement: