Bridge 1.1.3, finally released....

Started by Orstio, April 02, 2006, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladimirK

Quote from: Orstio on April 03, 2006, 07:51:22 AM

QuoteSOLVED: It was a problem not with bridge, but with SMF itself. Was fixed by removing hidden input fields "hash_passwrd" from all login .php files.

This is essentially disabling a security feature of SMF.  It is not recommended.

Thank you for the reply. Have you any ideas how it could be solved without this dirty hack?

Kindred

As a note...   NONE of the previous modules will likely work with this design of the bridge.

I have modified all the modules and will be posting the modified versions in the cobined readme later this evening.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zigzag

Mine seems to have got horribly worse -I used the "migrate SMF users to Joomla" to see if that would help - now in both smf & joomla I've got blank pages of members that don't have usernames or emails and registered in 1969  :D
I'm not sure what to do now - or whether I should try to restore a backup of the site.

Genbushi

Quote from: Genbushi on April 03, 2006, 03:32:37 AM
1. When using the 'bridged' registration, I've seemed to have loss the agreement part although it's checked in the config.

2. When I 'wrap' the forum within my site, the main topic boards within a category give error 404 when they're clicked, although the listings in  recent posts, last posts with topic & msg# are properly clickable.

Joomla! 1.0.8
SMF 1.1 rc2 (w\recent SMF patch)
Same database.

http://www.cyrusband.com [nofollow]

For testing, you can see the 'wrapped' test by using the '>' link on the upper left 'Menu'. The topmenu 'Forum' is just an external link to the forum unwrapped.

Found#2. Appears to be related to Joomla SEO. I disabled it in the global config, and walla...wrapped forum is properly opening all boards, etc.

ravenfire

This was working great for me until I tested it in Internet Explorer.  For some reason even though when I register modules in Joomla only registered members can see it when viewing with Firefox, when they are using IE all modules are visible when they are logged out.

The url is http://daffodil-design.com/clients [nofollow]

Any suggestions please as to what could be causing this?

Thanks

NickInTheNorth

I'm having a problem with the bridge 1.1.3 using joomla 1.0.8 and the latest patched version of SMF 1.1 RC2.

I get these error messages:

Notice: Undefined variable: pmOnReg in /var/www/vhosts/selfbuildboats.co.uk/httpdocs/main/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined variable: cb_reg in /var/www/vhosts/selfbuildboats.co.uk/httpdocs/main/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 49

Probably something stupid I have done, but can you help Orstio.
Nick

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

After applying this, it shifted my 800x600 template to the right, so it doesn't fit fully in screen.  I tried to uninstall it without luck.  Using Joomla 1.08 and SMF1.1rc2.   :(

RandomNo

Getting warnings on lines 104/105 of /administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php.

This is for Joomla 1.0.8 (giving it one last try with 1.1.3) and SMF 1.1 RC2.

The messages:

QuoteWarning: rename(/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php,/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php): Permission denied in /home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 104

Warning: rename(/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.x,/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.xml): Permission denied in /home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 105
SMF Bridge Component

Installation: successful

Questions:
Since it said successful, is it?  Do I need to move those components by hand to /mambots/system/?  Is it OK to copy them to the other folder (have in both folders)?

The instructions refer to the "Mambo Backend."  Does this mean the Joomla Admin interface, and if not, where is it?

Orstio

QuoteGetting warnings on lines 104/105 of /administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php.

This is for Joomla 1.0.8 (giving it one last try with 1.1.3) and SMF 1.1 RC2.

The messages:

Warning: rename(/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php,/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php): Permission denied in /home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 104

Warning: rename(/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.x,/home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.xml): Permission denied in /home/(cpanel)/public_html/employees/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 105
SMF Bridge Component

Installation: successful

Questions:
Since it said successful, is it?  Do I need to move those components by hand to /mambots/system/?  Is it OK to copy them to the other folder (have in both folders)?

So, you didn't read the readme.html.....

Quote from: readme.htmlMake sure the following folders are writable (chmod 777) before installing the component:
  /components
  /modules
  /mambots/system
  /administrator/components

QuoteSince it said successful, is it?  Do I need to move those components by hand to /mambots/system/?  Is it OK to copy them to the other folder (have in both folders)?

Yes, you can move those two files to your mambots/system folder, and rename the file SMF_header_include.x to SMF_header_include.xml .

Orstio

QuoteI'm having a problem with the bridge 1.1.3 using joomla 1.0.8 and the latest patched version of SMF 1.1 RC2.

I get these error messages:

Notice: Undefined variable: pmOnReg in /var/www/vhosts/selfbuildboats.co.uk/httpdocs/main/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined variable: cb_reg in /var/www/vhosts/selfbuildboats.co.uk/httpdocs/main/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 49

Probably something stupid I have done, but can you help Orstio.

Thank you. I'll get that fixed ASAP.  :D

john109

Something I'm not sure about is how the bridge is supposed to handle the groups in SMF and Joomla.  Plus all the syncing or migrating in that sync tab in the SMF bridge configuration.  I had different accounts registered in SMF and Joomla before the bridge.  I set in the bridge config that a SMF administrator was equal to a Joomla superadministrator but the acct registered originally on SMF didn't show as a superadministrator in Joomla.  That SMF acct also couldn't log into the Joomla admin panel.  I tried the migrate and sync buttons in the sync tab but no change.  I had to go into the Joomla admin panel with the acct originally registered in Joomla and make him a superadministrator. 

New registrants after the bridge show up in both but if I make him an administrator in SMF he isn't a superadministrator in Joomla.  It works in the other direction too.  If I make him a superadministrator in Joomla I have to go into SMF and make him an administrator.  I don't get the sync tab functions.

I'm using Joomla 1.0.8 and SMF 1.1RC2 .  I chose bridge registration.

Another weird thing I noticed.  Sometimes when I log out using the logout button on SMF (not the one on the bridge login module) this popsup.

Sometimes it says you can't moderate or you can't access that.  It doesn't affect anything cause you are logged out.  Just thought I'd mention it.

Orstio

QuoteAnother weird thing I noticed.  Sometimes when I log out using the logout button on SMF (not the one on the bridge login module) this popsup.

Yes, you will get that error if you are in the SMF admin panel when you logout.  This is a good thing, because you don't want people who are not logged in (as admins) to access the admin panel.

QuoteSomething I'm not sure about is how the bridge is supposed to handle the groups in SMF and Joomla.  Plus all the syncing or migrating in that sync tab in the SMF bridge configuration.  I had different accounts registered in SMF and Joomla before the bridge.  I set in the bridge config that a SMF administrator was equal to a Joomla superadministrator but the acct registered originally on SMF didn't show as a superadministrator in Joomla.  That SMF acct also couldn't log into the Joomla admin panel.  I tried the migrate and sync buttons in the sync tab but no change.  I had to go into the Joomla admin panel with the acct originally registered in Joomla and make him a superadministrator.

Set the synch settings in the Groups tab.  Save the settings the way you want them.  Then go to the Synch tab, and press the bottom button to perform an "instant synch" of all user groups.

When SMF 1.1 Final is released, it will include the Group settings as part of the profile changes.  So, when you change the Group of  user in SMF, it will automatically change the Group in Joomla as well.  But, that isn't included in SMF 1.1 RC2.

rjprince

Is this the bridge version that will require changes to the searchbot to get config info from the database?

Orstio

Yes.  The good news there is, for Joomla, the SMF SSI is included in a system bot ahead of time.

RandomNo

Quote from: Orstio on April 03, 2006, 05:55:08 PM
So, you didn't read the readme.html.....

Quote from: readme.htmlMake sure the following folders are writable (chmod 777) before installing the component:
  /components
  /modules
  /mambots/system
  /administrator/components

Actually, I did read and follow those instructions fully.  Even with chmod 777 for all those folders, I got those warnings -- both times (for 2 separate installations).

MadPax

Can we get rid of that hack which avoided the user to go to the unwrapped version of the site and made him come back to the wrapped version?

TechTitan

Great job Orstio!

I've just downloaded the file. Will try to use it later.  ;)
--:: .... ::--
Checkin' SMF from time to time

Kindred

that "hack" was applied to the SMF files...   this bridge does not change any SMF files at all....    so, if you still want any user that goes to the stand-alone forum to bounce into the wrapped forum, then NO, you can not get rid of that hack.

(that is not a standard part of the bridge)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MadPax

Right, just to make sure. Thanx kindred.

ptvideo

Thank you Orstio, and also to all that have helped in testing this new bridge. It works weel in my local system, and today I will upgrade my live site. I just find a small issue with virtuemart, but I need to see it better.

Advertisement: