Bridge 1.1.3, finally released....

Started by Orstio, April 02, 2006, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

OK, it is attached to the bottom of this post.

Again, this bridge is compatible only with SMF 1.1RC2.  If you have any other version of SMF, please use bridge 3.19a instead.

For new installs:

Unzip the package, and find inside two files:  readme.html and com_smf.zip.  Read the readme.html, and install the com_smf.zip as a component.

For Joomla, you will not need to add code to your template, but for Mambo, you will.

For upgrades from 1.1.2:

Uninstall the bridge component, the bridge registration component, and the mod_smf_login module.  Remove the code from your Mambo/Joomla template.

Read the readme.html.  Install the com_smf.zip as a component.  Please note that for Mambo, the code in the template has changed significantly.  The code is no longer required for Joomla.

This bridge is released under the terms of the Simple Machines license.  Please do not redistribute.

zigzag

Orstio

iqapps

Hi
It working with VirtueMart  ;D.

Q. If I login play around site then logout then try to login directly again I got Password incorrect. Why?
It is only my setting or.

Thanx
Regards
IQAPPS

iqapps

Hi
I forgot
J! 1.0.8, SMF 1.1RC2, VirtueMart 1.0.4 installed in same DB

Another issuse in bridge configuration My forum is installed in my site root and folder /forum
Bridge  detect path as ../forum
Now I can change/assing groups and sync users Ok
Then try in frontend and I got errors

QuoteWarning: smf_header_include(): Unable to access ../forum/SSI.php in /httpd.www/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63
Warning: smf_header_include(../forum/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /httpd.www/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63
Fatal error: smf_header_include(): Failed opening required '../forum/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /httpd.www/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63
I understand it is wrong path OK
Go back to admin and change path to ./forum Now working perfect.

Go back to admin and bridge configuration then click on Groups or Sync tab and got this message
QuoteYou must first set your path to SMF and save once

Why this issuse?

It's not a big deal if  peopel know but...
Regards
IQAPPS

Famished

Is this patch okay to use with the new patched RC2 forum software?

Orstio

QuoteBridge  detect path as ../forum

That's just a dummy default value.  At that point, it has not done any auto-detection.  You still need to put in an absolute path, instead of that relative path.

An absolute path is the whole path, for example:

/home/user/public_html/forum

A relative path has things like this:

../../forum

Make sure it is an absolute path, not a relative path.

QuoteIs this patch okay to use with the new patched RC2 forum software?

Yes, it works fine.  I'm not making any guarantees yet about SMF 1.1 Final.  I'm going to wait until Compuart is done with all the UTF-8 compatibility issues before tackling that.

ravenfire

I am using:

Forum:  SMF 1.1RC2
Joomla:  1.08
Bridge:  1.1.3

My clients path is a long one and it keeps chopping some off:-

Im getting these errors:

Warning: smf_header_include(..forum/SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/markhan/mysite.com/clients/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63

Fatal error: smf_header_include(): Failed opening required '..forum/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/php/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/markhan/mysite.com/clients/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php on line 63

I click for the absolute path and it brings up:-

/hsphere/local/home/markhan/mysite.com/clients/forum

then I click on save and it shortens it to:-

/hsphere/local/home/markhan/mysite.com/c

iqapps

Hi

Itryed but i got same issuse as ravenfire. It's trim a path.

my path is
Quote/customers/domainname.com/domainname.com/httpd.www/forum
Regards
IQAPPS

iqapps

Hi

I changed field value1 to VARCHAR(70) and now working

zigzag

Hi 
I've got a strange problem :D  I've updated 2 sites and it's perfect but on the last site I use a 'static content' page as the home/main page and if I type in just the domain name I get:
QuoteThe page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.

If I click on the menu link it's fine, I've double checked and it's the first itmem on the menu etc

Joomla 1.08 - SMF 1.1 RC2

Orstio

QuoteHi

I changed field value1 to VARCHAR(70) and now working

Thank you.  I'll make sure that gets fixed quickly.

iqapps

Hi
IE 6
Admin
when I realese a synk. groups button. I got a javascript error on page and I can't save settings. see pic.

Regards
IQAPPS

Orstio

Thank you Iqapps.  That'll be another quick fix. :)

EDIT -- Oh, wait, are you talking about AFTER synching groups, you tried clicking Save?

iqapps

Hi

No more issuse.... :D
Do value1 field (255)
Quote from: Orstio on April 02, 2006, 07:22:40 PM

Cooming you to post fix here or must I reinstall bridge.

Regards
IQAPPS

zigzag

I don't know what I've done wrong but I'm only able to log into smf and not Joomla as well.  :-\

iqapps

Quote from: Orstio on April 02, 2006, 07:22:40 PM

EDIT -- Oh, wait, are you talking about AFTER synching groups, you tried clicking Save?

No after I click on button and been redirect to "save" page. If I try to realese save button nothing heppens.

EDIT Yes this error is second error after I click on Save button...

zigzag

I've uninstalled the smf component to see if that would fix it but I still can't put any static content in the home (1st) position on the menu - I just get 'page does not exist'. I'm totally confused  :o

Orstio

QuoteNo after I click on button and been redirect to "save" page.

This is puzzling, because the javascript that is looking for document.adminForm.task should only execute on clicking Save.

Does it also do this if you try synching users, or just when synching groups?

iqapps

Hi
Did you get my PM?

Quote from: Orstio on April 02, 2006, 07:59:51 PM
QuoteNo after I click on button and been redirect to "save" page.

This is puzzling, because the javascript that is looking for document.adminForm.task should only execute on clicking Save.

Yes you are right. sorry I clicked on save button.

QuoteDoes it also do this if you try synching users, or just when synching groups?
No I don't tested.

Advertisement: