News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Absolute Path????

Started by johnny_martins00, April 06, 2006, 06:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_martins00

i'm getting an incorrect path when trying to config the smf forum.

Install Joomla 1.0.x (recommended) or Mambo 4.5.3+
        Absolute Path: c:/wamp/www/joomla/smf

3. Install SMF 1.1RCx on *the same database* as the Joomla/Mambo installation
        Absolute Path: c:/wamp/www/joomla/forum    , but i'm getting the incorrect path error...

Can anyone tell me where the error is

Kindred

where is your forum installed?  Look in the admin, server settings for smf.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

johnny_martins00

... i'm new didnt understand... sorry. let me just chek if all i did till now its right

Install Joomla 1.0.x (recommended)
  c:\wamp\www\joomla
        i've instaled a wamp, with apache, mysql and phpadmin all together in this directory

3. Install SMF 1.1RCx on *the same database* as the Joomla/Mambo installation
i've instaled as a component using the menu as admin in joomla. is all rigth till here?

Kindred

johnny...

I'm not sure what you are talking about... apache, phpadmin and mysql need to be installed in separate directories. The only thing in the joomla directory should be joomla.

(please ask over on the joomla forums regarding this set up)

SMF should then be installed in a separate directory from joomla...

If you are using the bridge from this site, by Orstio, then there is no need to have them installed in the same database...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: