News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Insert Username In Posts Mod

Started by spiralfive, March 28, 2006, 07:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiralfive

I believe i've seen a mod like this for either PhpBB or IPB, but can't find one here. I'd like to insert the user's username (dynamically, based on who's reading it) into the topics using bbcode (ex: [username])

Like this:

QuoteDear [username],

Would become:

QuoteDear Spiralfive,

Each user who reads it would see their username in place of  "[username]". Does anyone know of a mod to do this or perhaps make one if it's fairly easy to do? I'd really appreciate it.

[edit:] I found one, but it's not compatible with SMF 1.0.6. :( It's called the "Assorted Tags Mod".

Luke Beale

well then upgrade to the verion you need to be able to install the mod then

spiralfive

I am using the latest stable version, 1.0.7. If I upgrade to SMF 1.1 I don't know how to get SMFshop's button to work, and a few other mods. Plus, I've gotten this working exactly as I want it to.

Couldn't someone with more knowledge of PHP/SMF than me look at how it works and convert it to SMF 1.0.7 for me? Please. :)

Harzem

Give me a link for the mod. It needs only one character to be changed in the mod file ;)

Harzem

This is not the one for 1.0.6. This one is for 1.1 series. You better give me the one for 1.0.6 ;)

spiralfive

There isn't one for 1.0.X, that's the problem.  :(

Sheepy

Uh... if you had dropped a comment at the discussion thread of that mod, instead of only in this board which I rarely visits, then at least I'll be aware of the need.  ^^'

spiralfive

I didn't know there was a discussion thread, I found it using the package manager.

Advertisement: