News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I got my Yabb 1.3.1 into SMF. Maybe this would help you

Started by Jazhawk, March 25, 2004, 10:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazhawk

I just finished doing it last night and my method may not be pretty but it worked.

First: I copied the message, members and board folders from my existing server to my hard drive.

Next: I built a basic Yabb 1.3.1 on the new server and dropped the contents of the messages, members and board folders in there.

Next: I built a basic 1.5.5 YabbSE board on the new server and used a Y1G converter to drop my 1.3.1 into an SQL database.  Then I processed using the SMF converter.

Like I said, it wasn't pretty but the converters worked like a charm. 

The only issue I had was at the end of the YabbSE -> SMF convert was getting the settings.pl into the settings.php.  I tried the process twice and it wouldn't work.

The third attempt was to remove then recreate the YaBBSE database completely from scratch, run the Y1G convert, then the YabbSE -> SMF convert; leaving the settings.pl alone.  For some reason it seems that telling the YabbSE -> SMF converter to clear everything out didn't quite clear everything and I got the same errors as I did the first time.

That worked and I have everything in.

-Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Umm, I think you mean the YaBB -> YaBB SE converter, because SMF doesn't have an option to clear anything, or to do Settings.pl.

-[Unknown]

Jazhawk

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 25, 2004, 04:01:52 PM
Umm, I think you mean the YaBB -> YaBB SE converter, because SMF doesn't have an option to clear anything, or to do Settings.pl.

-[Unknown]

Yeah, that's what I mean!  Thanx.

-Jazhawk

Advertisement: