News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I stuffed my site up

Started by MegaV1, April 15, 2006, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MegaV1

can anyone help me fix my forum?
www.naruto.nextgeneration.net.au
i tried to manual edit the files, but then it got worse and worse
please help

MegaV1

i can provide log-in details and ftp server info
i need this site up and running ASAP

Dannii

Looks like your language files are all incorrect. Download the install package again (of your correct SMF version of course) and copy the themes/default/language folder over the top of yours.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

MegaV1

MegaV1

can i provide you with the ftp info and the login and you can see for yourself

Dannii

Well its almost impossible to fix the other problems without correct language files, so fix them first and then we can look at the other issues.

Also there's an edit button, use it ;)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

MegaV1

how do i do the language files thingy?

Dannii

http://naruto.nextgeneration.net.au/Themes/default/languages is where they should be.
As I said, download the install package and upload the language files to that location.

MegaV1

how do i download it and where do i download it from
how do i install it, because i can't access the pakage manager

Dannii

Get it from here: http://www.simplemachines.org/download/

You don't need to install it. Download the package and unzip it on your computer. Then upload only those language files with FTP.

MegaV1

i just did that, it doesn't help
please help, i need this site up and running ASAP

Daniel15

I can't even access that site...
EDIT: Don't worry, it was my ISP's proxy that was causing the site to be inaccessible to me.

Try reuploading the whole Themes folder... That might fix it.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Dannii

I'm getting 404 for http://naruto.nextgeneration.net.au/Themes/default/languages
So whatever you did, it wasn't uploading the language files.

MegaV1

okay, now it works, but part of the site is still stuffed up

MegaV1

oh yeah, can't find the edit button
i can't get the shop to load
i can't see some other mods
and i thing some of my images are missing

Dannii

Click this button.

What parts aren't work now? If you create a test account and PM me the details I'll have a look at it for you.

Dannii

Thanks for the password. Could you make it an admin account as well?
Exactly which parts aren't working?

MegaV1

it turns out that it's only effecting 1 theme
i can't see the shop button or the members map button
some of the mods aren't working
and the mod's name under profile isn't showing
and the shop mod in admin isn't working
and there's more to come

Dannii

I don't know what you've done to your default theme, but lots of the images are missing. Do what daniel15 recommended, and upload the entire themes/default folder again.
That will remove your mods, so you will have to reinstall them.

Next time don't edit the default theme! :)

MegaV1

isn't there any other way to fix it?
i have quite a lot of mod to load up

Advertisement: