I stuffed my site up

Started by MegaV1, April 15, 2006, 09:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

If you know exactly what you changed you could just do the reverse, but I'm guessing you don't or else you would have done that already.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

MegaV1

isn't there any other way of fixing it other than to uninstall all the mods then reinstalling each manually?

Kindred

Actually, it's worse than that...  if you just replace the Themes folder, you will loose the modsifications to your template files....   HOWEVER, all of the other modifications that the package made will still be there, so you will either have to re-apply each mod, manually into the themese that you want, or re-upload the whole board (Themes and Sources, specifically) and then reapply the mods in the package manager.

Please note that almost every mod will ONLY apply itself to the default theme... thing slike the shop mod and the member map will not add buttons to any other theme automatically... those mods will have to be applied manually...

Number one rule when doing things to your site:  ALWAYS take a backup before making modifications!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dannii

And as I said before, it's not just the mods that are the problem, your whole default theme is in terrible shape.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

MegaV1

Dannii

Quote from: eldacar on April 15, 2006, 11:04:54 PM
I don't know what you've done to your default theme, but lots of the images are missing. Do what daniel15 recommended, and upload the entire themes/default folder again.
That will remove your mods, so you will have to reinstall them.

Next time don't edit the default theme! :)
Have you done that yet?

MegaV1

emm, how do you do that?
i tried that last time and it totally stuffed the site up
that's why i ask before doing anything now

Dannii

Download the 1.0.7 install package from the downloads page.
Uncompress it on your computer. If you don't have a zip program try 7-zip
Using FTP upload the theme/default folder and all of the files inside to the themes/default folder on your server. If you don't have a FTP program try filezilla.

MegaV1

why can't i copy the files from the one that is working --> default?

how do i use the shout box?

which is latest? 1.0.7 or 1.1?

Dannii

Your default theme isn't working! That's why it need to be fixed.

1.1 is obviously later than 1.0.7, however 1.1 (RC2) is not yet completely stable. You can upgrade if you like. That might remove your troubles. Just remember to backup everything first.

Using the shoutbox depends on which shoutbox mod you installed.

MegaV1

okay, i fixed my site, but i decide to move my site to www.forum.nextgeneration.net.au and after a while, after loading the mods, i got this message

Table 'nextgene_smf4.smf_topics' doesn't exist
File: /home/nextgene/public_html/forum/Blocks/PortalNews.php
Line: 63

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.7, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

thanks for everyone's help at the moment

MegaV1

got a new one

Table 'nextgene_smf4.smf_topics' doesn't exist
File: /home/nextgene/public_html/forum/Sources/Calendar.php
Line: 326

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum files are currently at version SMF 1.0.7, whereas your database is at version SMF 1.0.2. It is recommended that you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Dannii

Your prefix is yabbse_ isn't it? How did you fix it if its asking for tables with smf_

MegaV1

what is yabbse?

is that the theme?

it's the classic ??? theme

Dannii

Hmm never mind about yabbse, i was getting you confused with another topic.

Check in your database to see if the table smf_topics exists.

MegaV1

i had that, then it disappeared, then i used my sql backup to recreate it

some of my topic look bad, it goes 5 x screen width

can you check for me?

Dannii

If you have phpmyadmin send me details over PM and I'll have a look for you.

Advertisement: