How do I edit my current theme?

Started by ^Raven^, March 25, 2004, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

^Raven^

I just got SMF courtesy of David over at Boardnation (he's remote hosting my forum for me) but I am having some problems.  My forum has a sidebar (located at http://forum.warhammerforum.com) with links inside it that are now defunct due to the installation of SMF (locations of items and URLs have changed).  I want to upate this but cannot find where to do it.  I've read the theme how to thread posted here and looked in the index part of the theme but didn't see anything that looked like the coding for my sidebar.  How do I go about accessing the appropiate location and then editing the coding?  Honestly, this is so different from what I'm used to with YaBBSE that it has me thrown for a loop and I've not yet been able to acclimate but granted I've only known that I had SMF since Wednesday afternoon.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Public Relations Coordinator, Battlestar Galactica Wiki

[Unknown]

You want to look at Themes/converted/index.template.php...

-[Unknown]

^Raven^

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 25, 2004, 08:30:39 PM
You want to look at Themes/converted/index.template.php...

-[Unknown]

This is going to sound really stupid but how do I get to that since David is remote hosting my forum for me.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

David

Turns out there was a bug in the theme editor so now you should be good.
This space for rent.

^Raven^

Quote from: David on March 26, 2004, 12:07:24 AM
Turns out there was a bug in the theme editor so now you should be good.

Many thanks David.  I have managed to update my template.  Next challenge is for me to make a new theme without a sidebar.  I tried but it came out wacky (none of the forum's categories or boards were there).  Think I just need to play with it a little.
Jon Reinhart

Owner, CWF GameCast

Advertisement: