News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

About docs.simplemachines.org ?!

Started by Neol, April 16, 2006, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neol

Don't understand why I have to reregister to this part of the SMF site. The Docs forum is only a SMF install that use the great wikitheme made by Bloc!

Thantos

The doc site maintains a separate database all together.  Though I believe as a guest you can still participate.

H

There is no real need to register on the doc site unless you want to give feedback ;)

* huwnet agrees that registration should be tied with the main boards
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

winrules

Quote from: huwnet on April 16, 2006, 12:14:25 PM
There is no real need to register on the doc site unless you want to give feedback ;)

* huwnet agrees that registration should be tied with the main boards
You can give feedback as a guest, but I also agree it should be tied in with the main site.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Neol

Is that possible to have a install like this and the users of the main forum to be users in this forum too?

H

It is possible.

Search the forum for sharing the members table
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Trekkie101

It'd cause too many issues with upgrades, membergoups and things to be worth it.

Thantos

Having two (or more) sites that share some common tables (or parts of) is not a big issue if its designed from the beginning.

Merging the doc site and the community site would require more work then it would give us benefit.

As long as the permissions are there for guests to make comments then its pretty much a nonissue.

Neol

Quote from: Thantos on April 16, 2006, 11:28:38 PM
Having two (or more) sites that share some common tables (or parts of) is not a big issue if its designed from the beginning.

I don't understand this?! Could you explain this pls?

Dannii

The docs are fine how they are. There's really no need for you to register unless you really feel like it. You can comment everywhere as a guest.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Advertisement: