News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need a bit of help

Started by beingconverted, March 27, 2004, 08:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beingconverted

Ok I am slowly being converted by friends away from the evils of M$ so excuse my noobishness to all this stuff. Thank you in advance for any help. 

On Windows 2003 server I got the mysql running, got my php installed and, the SM boards installed fine. My boards are running but with errors. I seem to be getting a timeout error and not sure what to adjust. 

The errors i am getting can be seen at the top and bottom of the forum. Also If you try to register or login into the Admin section I get a session time out.

hxxp:megin.houseofallerielle.org/forum/index.php [nonactive]

Beaman

Unfortunately, I should have looked at the errors more carefully. I refreshed the page and now your link doesn't work for me. I'll try again in awhile.  ;)
When the day comes that my internet connection fails, is the day I return back to reality. *Ewww*

Tomer

Here it is:

On top:

Warning: session_start(): open(/apache/tmp/session\sess_c3c5aeeda6179f2adfd60122d116beba, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\megin\forum\index.php on line 89

On bottom:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/apache/tmp/session\sess_c3c5aeeda6179f2adfd60122d116beba, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/apache/tmp/session) in Unknown on line 0

beingconverted

thanks for the quick responses
A friend finally jumped and help me, we had to move the temp sessions to where SM wanted them to be.

The boards seem to be working fine now

Beaman

I'd double check to make sure that directory is read/write enabled, also please make sure that the apache/ 'tmp' path exists.
When the day comes that my internet connection fails, is the day I return back to reality. *Ewww*

Beaman

Sorry, I was late. Good to hear everything worked out.  :D

beingconverted

Beaman

you hit right on the head. The problem was the session path. It was to a path that did not exist.

Been using YABB gold for about year hxxp:www.houseofallerielle.org [nonactive] figured its time for a upgrade. After playing with SM now for few minutes I see it much faster just going to take me a bit to get working smooth for the users.

Thanks again. 

Beaman

You're welcome, but it looked like you guys solved it even before I pressed 'post' for the possible solution. lol 
Indeed, you will enjoy the board very much as I have. Good luck on the rest of it, I'm sure your members will take a liking to the board in a jiffy.   

beingconverted

Ok now i really do have something weird going on.

here the link to the yabb gold test forum I migrated.
hxxp:megin.houseofallerielle.org/cgi-bin/yabb/yabb.pl [nonactive]

I first upgraded to a yabbse forum that ran smooth and then upgraded to SM  ( and did not upgrade the forum template.)
hxxp:megin.houseofallerielle.org/yabbse/ [nonactive]
Now on the surface everything looks fine.
But the messages and the filtering of them by date is messed up. Is there some setting I just messed or is my data and the dates messed up??

You can see what i mean if you go first board "Ally's Tavern" and use the Last post 
filter. ignore the "sticky" posts You can see the test i made today (after the migration)and where it is sorted in the list.

Any help would be great .

[Unknown]

beingconverted

Nope, I used the one from the hxxp:yabbse.org [nonactive] downloads page. i just blew away everything I had on that server and started over using the converter in your post.

It worked.
hxxp:megin.houseofallerielle.org/hoayabbse/ [nonactive]

Thanks a bunch Unknown

Advertisement: