News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Changing "Top" postion of Nav menu

Started by tumbleweed, June 06, 2007, 11:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tumbleweed

have done some work to my forums. And i am stumped on how to change the "top" postion of the top Nav menu.

I would like to see the menu rest on top of the main header.

Code i have at time of this post:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="margin-left: 10px;;" align="center">

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you need to see the forums you can find then here:

http://www.gotcanyons.net/gc

Running:
1.1 RC3
tumble
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

Bigguy

The code to change that should be in the index.template.php file in the theme folder of the theme you are using. BTW, You really should upgrade your forum as soon as possible to the latest version.

Upgrade SMF

tumbleweed

Quote from: Bigguy on June 15, 2007, 11:38:39 PM
The code to change that should be in the index.template.php file in the theme folder of the theme you are using. BTW, You really should upgrade your forum as soon as possible to the latest version.

Upgrade SMF

Yes i hve been reading about the upgrade. I really need to do it before anymore changes. At this point of time i have changed all kind of stuff in the index.templete file as well as others. so i am sorta worried about upgrading and screwing up the whole thing.
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level

Bigguy

Well you could always save your index.template file and re add the edits from it into the new one. I know it might be a bit of work but the upgrade fixes some minor security holes and patches some bugs. :)

tumbleweed

Quote from: Bigguy on June 22, 2007, 09:34:57 AM
Well you could always save your index.template file and re add the edits from it into the new one. I know it might be a bit of work but the upgrade fixes some minor security holes and patches some bugs. :)

I am going to have to go back and look,but i swear i saw a post that had listed the changes to the templates.

If anything i need to go back do your suggestion. Save all the templates i modified. Plus i am just guessing here it wipes out the mods that have been placed on the board.

Just wondering here does it wipe out the Mord's database table as well? Or once you reinstall the mod does it just find the proper table?

Also i bridged a Coppermine gallery to the older version how will the upgrade affect the bridging?

Thanks for your answers.

Bigguy

The mods info in the database will be fine but they will have to be re-installed. The bridge will more than likely have to upgraded as well.

tumbleweed

Quote from: Bigguy on June 15, 2007, 11:38:39 PM

Upgrade SMF

Well i went ahead and upgraded per your suggestion.&nbsp; I would have to say it was more painless then i had thought it would be. Granted i had to remember all the templates i had modified.

Turns out it was more then just the index. I had modified profile,personalmessage,register,.

Took me about 5+ hours to do the upgrade including re-downloading the packages and modifing the templates(only because i had to search were i had modified them DOH!!)

On the bright side the site is now running the latest version And i managed to get the custom navigation menu to work as well.

Thanks Bigguy for giving me the extra "little" push to do the upgrade.

tumble

Bigguy

;D Not a problem. We are here to help.  :D

Advertisement: