News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bridge 1.1.4

Started by Orstio, April 23, 2006, 07:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamesmad

Quote from: paki on May 27, 2006, 06:54:59 PM
Admin panel -> Features and Options -> 3rd section from the bottom: Search engine friendly URLs
Apache only!

Make sure it is unchecked

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Twistor

when i download i always get a corrupt archive :(
any mirror available?

Kindred

no...  there are no mirrors.

I just downloaded and checked and the file works fine for me.
How do you know you get a corrupt archive?
Are you EXTRACTING the files FIRST before trying to load it as a component?
(you should be loading the zip file called com_smf.zip as a component, not the overall archive)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Twistor

when I open it it says corrupt and no files show in it
But its ok now I installed winzip and it works now :)
winrar can't open it i guess

cheers

Excalibur!

I checked and WinRAR opens without any problems...

jason.s

Quick question, I uninstalled this bridge as the requirements for the site I am building no longer include a forum.  The uninstall went fine (ie I'm back to using CB's login and everything works), except there's still references to SMF's CSS and such in the pages Joomla! generates, however I can't find where this is coming from.

Stuff like:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://rod/joomla/smf/Themes/default/script.js?rc2"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://rod/joomla/smf/Themes/default/style.css?rc2" />

Etc etc..  any idea how to eliminate these?  Thanks in advance.

(Good component BTW, everything installed perfectly when I set it up)

Orstio

There should be a mambot called SMF_Header_include.  Uninstall that as well.

jason.s

Awesome, that did the trick.  Thanks! :)

theslam2006

Becareful. The new 1.0.9 seems to cause issues with the bridge....and can mess up your board quite abit.

Orstio

QuoteBecareful. The new 1.0.9 seems to cause issues with the bridge....and can mess up your board quite abit.

???

theslam2006

On joomlahacks.com (namly this topic: http://www.joomlahacks.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,94/topic,1769.msg8230;topicseen#msg8230 ) they said the same thing. I highly doubt they are using the same bridge, but I am also having problems after ive upgraded. I thought it was something else, but I highly doubt it.

Everyone is viewed as a guest, even when they login with case correct (which is another annoying issue) they are still viewed as a guest. Something went wrong, and im trying to go back to 1.0.8 now.

For reference, click my banner. Its the site im talking about. You will need a member name to seem what I mean.

Orstio

I can't speak for the joomlahacks integration.  I know that component makes changes to core Joomla and SMF files, which can result in some nasty things happening with certain upgrades.

For the 1.1.4 bridge, one small change needs to be made for the Joomla 1.0.9 upgrade.  Find this in smf.php (in the integrate_login function):

//Joomla 1.0.8 compatibility

if (isset($_VERSION) && $_VERSION->PRODUCT == 'Joomla!' && $_VERSION->DEV_LEVEL >= '8'){
$remCookieName = mosMainFrame::remCookieName_User();
                        $remCookieValue = mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_User( $username ) . mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_Pass( $passwd );
setcookie( $remCookieName, $remCookieValue, $lifetime, '/' );
}

and replace it with this:

//Joomla 1.0.8 compatibility

if (isset($_VERSION) && $_VERSION->PRODUCT == 'Joomla!' && $_VERSION->DEV_LEVEL >= '8'){
$remCookieName = mosMainFrame::remCookieName_User();
//Joomla 1.0.9 compatibility
                        if ($_VERSION->DEV_LEVEL>='9')
$remCookieValue = mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_User( $username ) . mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_Pass( $passwd ) . $row['id'];
                        else
$remCookieValue = mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_User( $username ) . mosMainFrame::remCookieValue_Pass( $passwd );
setcookie( $remCookieName, $remCookieValue, $lifetime, '/' );
}

For future reference, you will probably not find very valuable information about this bridge at joomlahacks.com, nor will you find much valuable information about the joomlahacks integration here.

theslam2006

Heh, yea I know. I Just found the site and they said something about some bridge not working. But, that was very quick....

I just replaced the files back to .08 and everything is fine again. I will test that code out on my test server before I do it again.

Thanks for doing that update.

gasg

I have upgrade now to Joomla 1.0.9 and modify the smf.php how say Ostrio and works great :)
Thanks for your job.

Luthorcrow`

Wow.  Had no problems on 1.08.  Just did a fresh install of 1.09 and made the changes above.  It installed and then once enabled it jacked the layout of my site and style sheet and did not work.  I am assuming this means I am going to have re-install?  Ideas where I went wrong?

This was the error message I received when I synched:

hxxp:img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smfproblem9mm.gif [nonactive]

Link to jacked page.

hxxp:killerbananas.org/devsite2/ [nonactive]

Orstio

Quote from: Luthorcrow` on June 06, 2006, 03:39:07 PM
Wow.  Had no problems on 1.08.  Just did a fresh install of 1.09 and made the changes above.  It installed and then once enabled it jacked the layout of my site and style sheet and did not work.  I am assuming this means I am going to have re-install?  Ideas where I went wrong?

This was the error message I received when I synched:

Link to jacked page.

http://killerbananas.org/devsite2/

It doesn't look like you actually have the bridge installed there....

sukl

Guys, I must be loosing my memory or I am overworked. Two weeks ago I upgraded to Joomla 1.0.8 and I had the same problem and I fixed it but now I can't recall what I did.  ???

The problem is:
When I log in to front-end using the smf login module it won't recognize that I am an admin (or special group) and I can't edit items from front-end. On the other hand when I published the native login module for Joomla it works fine.

Thanks

Ludek

Kindred

and did you apply the hack-fix to smf.php that is required to work with 1.0.9????
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sukl

Kindred, thank you for your reply. No I haven't applied the hack-fix to 1.0.9. Where do I download it from? I couldn't find it in the forum.

Thanks

Wolfenrook

You don't download it, you apply it yourself.  The instructions are on the previous page of this thread.

Wolfenrook
Thoughts are free, it's their consequences that often have a cost.

Advertisement: