News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bridge 1.1.4

Started by Orstio, April 23, 2006, 07:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonray

Is there a way to add dynamic titles to this version?

The dynamic title solution for the 1.1.3 version does not work in this version.

Thanks!

vancanneyt

when integrating joomla with smf and community builder, when you block a user in the backend in CB (community builder) is the user also blocked in SMF?
When deleting a user in joomla backends usermanager of CB usermanager, will the user be deleted in smf?

today on developers blog this appeared:
QuoteApart from a few security changes (which have broken some components - especially those that integrated with the core like SMF) between point releases, Joomla! has remained compatible with the vast majority of components in the community and commercial sphere. While 1.5 brings a large number of improvements for both developers and users alike, it will likely break a large number of components. One reason is due to the fact that the majority of the /includes directory has been gutted and moved into a better structure in /libraries. Any component that directly accessed includes will not work any more, but will work properly with the correct jimport statement
here is something with SMF, so my question is: is this release of this smf component already tested on 1.5 and is it compatible or will it be made compatible in the near future?

in de smf module, the registration link goes to CB, and lost password leads to the smf_registration component. CB provides this to, can it be done trough CB or not?

if registrations run on CB only, is the smf registration component neccessary?

is this compatible with latest CB? i'm running 1.0 stable (not yet released).
CB can use extra plugins that can handle things in CB, maybe an idea to develop something for better integration with CB? more info on joomlapolis.com [nofollow] (or contact beat or trail they know a lot about this )

sorry for all the questions ;) i just want to be sure i can use it, it already sees verry good.
Thanks in advance.

Orstio

Quotewhen integrating joomla with smf and community builder, when you block a user in the backend in CB (community builder) is the user also blocked in SMF?
When deleting a user in joomla backends usermanager of CB usermanager, will the user be deleted in smf?

No, on both counts.  However, it does work the other way:  If the user is banned in SMF, he/she will not be able to access Joomla.  Also, deleting a user in SMF will delete the user in Joomla.

Quotehere is something with SMF, so my question is: is this release of this smf component already tested on 1.5 and is it compatible or will it be made compatible in the near future?

Not yet tested with Joomla 1.5.  However, it does not directly access any Joomla includes....perhaps they are referring mainly to the joomlahacks integration, which makes changes to some core files?

I'll do some testing to see.

Quotein de smf module, the registration link goes to CB, and lost password leads to the smf_registration component. CB provides this to, can it be done trough CB or not?

No.  CB will not insert a new SHA1 hashed password into the SMF member database.

Quoteif registrations run on CB only, is the smf registration component neccessary?

Yes.  See above.

Quoteis this compatible with latest CB? i'm running 1.0 stable (not yet released).

I don't see why not.

QuoteCB can use extra plugins that can handle things in CB, maybe an idea to develop something for better integration with CB? more info on joomlapolis.com (or contact beat or trail they know a lot about this )

Yeah, not likely to be done by me.

vancanneyt

QuoteNo, on both counts.  However, it does work the other way:  If the user is banned in SMF, he/she will not be able to access Joomla.  Also, deleting a user in SMF will delete the user in Joomla.

first thanks for the quick awnsers, helped me a lot ;)
cbplugins, this is where the quote might get handy, plugins in CB can be coded to do those actions.

and yes an other question (sorry): avatar handling CB avatars versus SMF avatars, can this be done automaticly?

Orstio

Quoteand yes an other question (sorry): avatar handling CB avatars versus SMF avatars, can this be done automaticly?

No.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=63187.msg563127#msg563127

willi1

Hello Orstrio,

have you any suggestion when works SMF Bridge with Open Sef RC5

best regards

willi1

Orstio

Predator will probably havea better idea of that.  He is now aware of a requirement for SMF URLs that mess things up a bit in OpenSEF.

Pretas

Unless I login with the EXACT name, with the login mod it only logs me into the forums, not anything else.
IE: if I login with "pretas" and my username is "Pretas" it'll only log me in the forum section, and not the rest of the site. It's case sensitive for one side of the login process. Is there some way to fix this?

Orstio

Joomla is case sensitive.  This has nothing to do with the bridge.

Pretas

Well when I login with the regular login component that comes with it, it isn't case sensitive.

Orstio

Not in all situations, no.

Since a lot of users seem to be confused by needing to type in the username the same way that they did when they registered, here is some code that will work around the issue.

In smf.php, find this:

// Log into Mambo now.....
$request = mysql_query("
SELECT id, gid, block, usertype
FROM {$mosConfig_dbprefix}users
WHERE username = '$username'
AND password = '$passwd'");
$row = mysql_fetch_array($request);

And change it to this:

// Log into Mambo now.....
$request = mysql_query("
SELECT username, id, gid, block, usertype
FROM {$mosConfig_dbprefix}users
WHERE username = '$username'
AND password = '$passwd'");
$row = mysql_fetch_array($request);

$username = $row['username'];

Pretas

Where is that file located?

Pretas

Nevermind, I found it, and that works! Thanks!

rockipsiz

When you're moving your joomla to another server, don't forget to change following files' CHMOD to 777

/components/com_smf_registration
/administrator/components/com_smf_registration
components/com_smf_registration/config.smf_registration.php

sadrach

hi men.

it throws east error to me...

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rapvisio/public_html/templates/a6greyflash/index.php on line 19

Orstio

You didn't configure the component.

scoobyx

Orstio,

My current installations are as follows

* Joomla 1.0.8
    * smf 1.1RC2

I downloaded Bridge 1.1.4 (SMF 1.1 RC2-Mambo,Joomla) then extracted the com_smf.zip file
Logged in to the backend of joomla and installed under components com_smf zip.

As far as I can see when I install com_smf zip file it installs the bridge the registration and the login module disabling the current joomla login module. This installed fine with no errors.

However...

When I try to login to the joomla frontend using the new smf login module it only logs me into smf and Not the joomla site. I have tested my account and password both in joomla and smf independantly and they are in sync. I also un-installed the bridge and re-installed with exactly the same issue. I then tried to create a new user account using the registration however have the same issue upon login (only logs into smf)

Just wondered if you or anyone else has experienced this and could maybe offerer some suggestions.

Thanks in advanced

Scoobyx

Orstio

scoobyx

Orstio,

Just PM'ed you the URL

cheers

Scoobyx

scoobyx

I've just registered again with a new account and managed to get it working, seems that the old accounts I created a while back and sync'd are the cause now. A quick fix may be if I just delete the old accounts and recreate.

cheers

Scoobyx

Advertisement: