News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bridge 1.1.4

Started by Orstio, April 23, 2006, 07:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shprota

Orstio, thanks for the correction.
I will investigate the consequences of commenting out SSI.php inclusion. Meanwhile login works for me from all pages.
Also, I suppose that Gallery2 is just one example of the "victim" component. There must be others, so checking particularly for com_gallery2 would just solve a local problem.
Anyway, is it possible to communicate with developers of SSI interface in order to try fixing it's cleanRequest algorithm?
It also looks like this function is the cause of the "cookie problem", by the way.

I will investigate the consequences in more details tomorrow (5 am here  :-X)  and post the results. For now it seems that the SMF styles and scripts paths are gone, but that is easy to fix.

Regards,
Constantine

Orstio

QuoteI will investigate the consequences of commenting out SSI.php inclusion. Meanwhile login works for me from all pages.
Also, I suppose that Gallery2 is just one example of the "victim" component. There must be others, so checking particularly for com_gallery2 would just solve a local problem.
Anyway, is it possible to communicate with developers of SSI interface in order to try fixing it's cleanRequest algorithm?
It also looks like this function is the cause of the "cookie problem", by the way.

The issue is actually caused by the Non-SEF nature of the com_gallery2 URLs.  That output should be buffered, and replaced with a SEF equivalent inside com_gallery2, IMO.  I know I struggled quite a bit with converting URLs to SEF in the SMF bridge.  The com_gallery2 URLs would be a breeze to convert, because they don't ever use any special characters like semi-colons and periods.

shprota

QuoteThe issue is actually caused by the Non-SEF nature of the com_gallery2 URLs.  That output should be buffered, and replaced with a SEF equivalent inside com_gallery2, IMO.  I know I struggled quite a bit with converting URLs to SEF in the SMF bridge.  The com_gallery2 URLs would be a breeze to convert, because they don't ever use any special characters like semi-colons and periods.

This is definitely a solution. Will try to modify the g2 bridge.

k3

Can i bridge SMF and Joomla if SMF is in a subdomain and Joomla is in the root htdocs directory of the main domain?

DazUlrich

brilliant that fix works for me too. thanks a million.
shprota if you could help Michiel (who is writing the bridge) developing a sef_ext.php we all would be very grateful. :-)

Orstio

Quote from: k3 on May 14, 2006, 05:38:30 AM
Can i bridge SMF and Joomla if SMF is in a subdomain and Joomla is in the root htdocs directory of the main domain?

Yers, as long as the subdomain is on the same server, and has write access to the main domain.

shprota

Continuing the SMF and Gallery2 conflict topic.
I managed to make G2 use 100% SEF links under Joomla. Looks nice, works nice too.

To make the view item action of G2 work with SEF links, do the following:

1. Activate rewrite module in G2 (through the embedded gallery administration)
2. Configure the module to rewrite only "Show Item" option
3. Delete all G2 stuff from Joomla .htaccess
4. Add the following code to the end of Joomla .htaccess:
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} \ /component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,([0-9]+)/v/([^?]+)(\?.|\ .)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/gallery2/main\.php$
RewriteRule .   index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=%1&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_path=%2  [QSA,L]

5. Locate the following code in components/com_gallery2/pages/main.php:

$g2ItemId = intval(mosGetParam($_REQUEST, 'g2_itemId', 0));

if(empty($g2ItemId)){
        $g2ItemId = $g2Config['id.rootAlbum'];
        $_REQUEST['g2_itemId'] = $g2Config['id.rootAlbum'] ;
        $_GET['g2_itemId'] = $g2Config['id.rootAlbum'] ;
}

and change it to read:

$g2ItemId = intval(mosGetParam($_REQUEST, 'g2_itemId', 0));
if(empty($g2ItemId))
{
  $g2ItemId = intval(mosGetParam($_GET, 'g2_itemId', 0));
}

if(empty($g2ItemId)){
        $g2ItemId = $g2Config['id.rootAlbum'];
        $_REQUEST['g2_itemId'] = $g2Config['id.rootAlbum'] ;
        $_GET['g2_itemId'] = $g2Config['id.rootAlbum'] ;
}

Now the integrated G2 should work with 100% SEF URIs.

Troubleshooting technique:
If this does not work for you, chances are you are either not using Joomla! standard SEF (using no SEF or using OpenSEF, SEF404 or whatever) or have some differences in rewrite rules.
To check that the SEF URL for Gallery2 is parsed and rewritten correctly, you may insert a line of code:
echo "<pre>", print_r($_REQUEST, true), "</pre><br />";
somewhere in the begining of the Joomla! index.php, reload the page and see whether the request contains fields g2_view and g2_path. If it does not, than the problem is with the rewriting rules and you have to tweak them to make things work.

Orstio

Wow, we've actually gone 5 pages without this reminder:

QuoteThis is a sticky topic.  It is meant for the announcement of the Bridge 1.1.4, the release of 1.1.4, and discussion of 1.1.4.  It is not for support requests.  If you have problems with your website, please start your own topic instead of making this a big mess of "help me" posts.

reynierpm

I have one question: is recommended use SMF 1.1 RC2 instead of 1.0.7? I ask because I have a Joomla 1.0.8 and vBulletin 3.5.4. Now I found SMF and I pass from vBulletin to SMF all. So ... if I want use SMF integrate in Joomla with bridge use for?

Regards,

Orstio

Quote from: first postAgain, this bridge is compatible only with SMF 1.1RC2.  If you have any other version of SMF, please use bridge 3.19a instead.

mikho

Opps. Sorry I just read that we shouldn't post any "Help me" posts here... will post it in a new topic.

SinekSekiz

Hi guys.

I am really sorry for the stupid things that I am going to ask now.

1) Ok first thing is first. What I hope I am going to do by installing this module is

- Instead of having two diferent user database (Anything else does not mater for me. I want my users to sign up to my site and its board all together just once.) having just one database.
    - As long as a user loged in It will be shown in Joomla's and SMF's visitor area.

2) I have joomla 1.0.8 and SMF 1.0.7 previously installed in sepperate database's. Is this module the right module for me.

3) Do I have to delete any of my databases. I need both. They are used pretty much till now and I do not want to sarifice either one of them.

4) If there is not is there any way to connect this databases.

Thank you very much for your answers.

A dork who tries to publish a web page with a forum. ( : D : P )
You know you want to use it... So use it.

Dulce et Decorum est Pro SinekSekiz Mori

We are all figures. For men it's the money in your bank. For women it's the cup size of your boobs.

Orstio

Quote1) Ok first thing is first. What I hope I am going to do by installing this module is

- Instead of having two diferent user database (Anything else does not mater for me. I want my users to sign up to my site and its board all together just once.) having just one database.
    - As long as a user loged in It will be shown in Joomla's and SMF's visitor area.

There are going to be two different user databases, one for Joomla and one for SMF.  However, this does not mean you need to login twice.  One login, two databases.

Quote2) I have joomla 1.0.8 and SMF 1.0.7 previously installed in sepperate database's. Is this module the right module for me.

Please read the first post in this topic.  It does clearly state:

QuoteAgain, this bridge is compatible only with SMF 1.1RC2.

Quote3) Do I have to delete any of my databases. I need both. They are used pretty much till now and I do not want to sarifice either one of them.

No, please do not delete any of your databases.  See reply to #1 above.

Quote4) If there is not is there any way to connect this databases.

See reply to #1 above.

Kindred

and to answer the question which I know is coming next...   if you are using 1.0.7, then you need bridge v3.19a_stable.  See the combined readme sticky post for a link to that archive file.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SinekSekiz

Orstio and Kinderd (i hope i write them right) you are stars man.

Thank you very much indeed.

I hope I can find thet stable thingy.

See ya.
You know you want to use it... So use it.

Dulce et Decorum est Pro SinekSekiz Mori

We are all figures. For men it's the money in your bank. For women it's the cup size of your boobs.

gamesmad

Very nice, works great, until I post, then it reverts back to normal SMF, getting rid of the Joomla! wrapping.  How can I stop that happening??

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Orstio

Quote from: gamesmad on May 26, 2006, 06:23:38 PM
Very nice, works great, until I post, then it reverts back to normal SMF, getting rid of the Joomla! wrapping.  How can I stop that happening??

Will

Turn off SEF in SMF.

gamesmad

Sorry if Im being stupid, but how would I do that??

Will
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

paki

Admin panel -> Features and Options -> 3rd section from the bottom: Search engine friendly URLs
Apache only!

Make sure it is unchecked
http://www.dfwhyundais.com <-- Dallas/Ft. Worth's Local Hyundai Group

Advertisement: