News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bridge 1.1.4

Started by Orstio, April 23, 2006, 07:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sukl

Cool! That was it. Thanks a lot!  :D

GabeHH

I can say only : GREAT AND FAST work Orstio ;)

vaporizedman

Thank you very very much ostio. you are so great.

wb

Okay, first, I posted elsewhere, 2 times and never got a response so I'm hoping to hear something back here.

I have joomla! 1.0.8 and am wanting to install and use SMF 1.0.7 with the 1.1-rc2 bridge. I've tried this installation various times and each time have run in to the same issue.

This is what I do to install:
upload smf_1-1-rc2_install.zip and unzip to /dc-lan/forum
Browse to hxxp:www.dc-lan.com/forum/install.php [nonactive] and follow the instructions. Installation goes off without a hitch. Now for the SMF bridge.

From the joomla - install component page
browse to and upload com_smf.zip
after the install I get the following errors:
Warning: rename(/var/www/dc-lan/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php,/var/www/dc-lan/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /var/www/dc-lan/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 104
Warning: rename(/var/www/dc-lan/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.x,/var/www/dc-lan/mambots/system/SMF_header_include.xml) [function.rename]: Permission denied in /var/www/dc-lan/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 105
SMF Bridge Component
Installation: successful
"smf - This is the bridge component for Simple Machines Forum."

Now, components -> smf bridge -> configuration
from here i change the absolute path to smf to /var/www/dc-lan/forum change type to wrapped and save.

Load up hxxp:www.dc-lan.com/ [nonactive] and it loads my SMF on front page?

I really want to leave this up so you can see it in action, but as this is a event I'm throwing in August, I need my page functioning properly. I'll leave it up for a few hours, until I leave for work, then I'm going to uninstall SMF, unless I see a fix or an idea posted. Hope to hear from someone soon :S

Kindred

ummmm....  did you just read your own post?   You can not use the 1.1RC2 bridge with SMF 1.0.7

Also, you didn't read the sticky posts...   those errors on install are related to not having the directories set to the correct permissions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wb

i followed a guide that i found on the joomla forums, i'll have to see if i can find it. well gj on my part then.

wb

well apparently i can't read. sorry for that guys. anyhow, i'm still having a similar issue, correct me if i'm wrong, but SMF 1.1 RC2 would use bridge 1.1.4 right? Thats how my current setup is and everything installed fine. Only thing is, its still loading the SMF index as my frontpage, in wrapped or unwrapped mode.

Kindred

the first menu itme in the main menu is considered the site front page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Moonray

The "Group Synch" option is useful but risky as warned in the first post. I was one of those who took the risk and suffered :)

Now I have written a tutorial at Joomlaspan on how to recover the Super Admin status after losing it with a Synch that went sour...

The tutorial is here: Joomla-SMF Tutorial, How to recover Super Admin Status?

Hope others find it useful.

Orstio

This is a sticky topic.  It is meant for the announcement of the Bridge 1.1.4, the release of 1.1.4, and discussion of 1.1.4.  It is not for support requests.  If you have problems with your website, please start your own topic instead of making this a big mess of "help me" posts.

lafactory.com

Quote from: Orstio on June 11, 2006, 03:24:02 PM
This is a sticky topic.  It is meant for the announcement of the Bridge 1.1.4, the release of 1.1.4, and discussion of 1.1.4.  It is not for support requests.  If you have problems with your website, please start your own topic instead of making this a big mess of "help me" posts.

what ? almost every post here is about a problem with your component and now you tell us we can't have support here ?!?

Orstio

I moved your post here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=92717.0

QuoteThis is a sticky topic.  It is meant for the announcement of the Bridge 1.1.4, the release of 1.1.4, and discussion of 1.1.4.  It is not for support requests.  If you have problems with your website, please start your own topic instead of making this a big mess of "help me" posts.

Had you actually read this topic, you would have seen that I have posted that at least three times in this topic already.

lafactory.com

Quote from: Orstio on June 11, 2006, 04:04:12 PM
Had you actually read this topic, you would have seen that I have posted that at least three times in this topic already.

Hi, I did not read every message from the whole 11 pages, I bet most users won't either. Imho you could edit the first message with a notice about support ? I think most of people will read at least the first page.

GJSchaller

I read the whole thing before posting.  I'm going to make a new thread for my issue.

Just because you don't like the rules, you can't choose to ignore them.  Please respect the people that are giving you their time and effort to help you for free.  They are not required to help you.
Geoffrey J. Schaller
Knight Realms - Technical Officer
http://www.knightrealms.com/

imforumman

Quote from: Orstio on April 23, 2006, 07:59:20 AM
Group Synch option

Be very careful with the Group Synch button.  If you do not have your Group Synch options saved correctly, you can erase admin status from all Joomla administration.  Do not click the Group Synch button without first making absolutely sure your settings in the Group Synch tab are correct, and you will have at least one Super Admin after synching.

Yes, this is exactly what happend to me. I will pass this installation on to a customer once it's done. What if he ever decides to hit that button? Messing with "...acl_groups_aro_map" is IMHO a very bad idea. Is this absolutly necessary? At least please have a quadrouple warning before doing the synching. It took me forever to find out what the problem was and how to fix it (manual restoration of the codes for the groups and so on, I'm still not confident I got it all right, so I will have to copy some db-contents from a second installation to make sure. Very much disappointed.

Orstio

QuoteWhat if he ever decides to hit that button?

The I suppose it is your job to make sure that the Group Synch options are saved correctly so that he won't erase his admin status.  It's not really that difficult:

- make sure that the SMF admin username and password are the same as the Joomla super admin username and password,
- make sure that Administrators in SMF synch to Super Administrators in Joomla.

As long as those two conditions are met, you won't erase the admin status.

QuoteMessing with "...acl_groups_aro_map" is IMHO a very bad idea. Is this absolutly necessary?

There really is no other way to change the Joomla group in which a user belongs.  Joomla determines permissions by the ACL tables, so if you want to synch groups from SMF to Joomla, those tables are the ones that need to be changed.

Kindred

Quote from: imforumman on June 18, 2006, 04:00:17 AM
At least please have a quadrouple warning before doing the synching.
Very much disappointed.

ummmmm.... why?   One assumes from the veryf act that a person has access to the admin that they won't push any buttons unless they know what they do!   Come on, this idiotic "Are you sure? Are you REALLY sure? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure?" way that Windoze has people thinking is just plain stupid. 
Orstio has already put in a warning (which is more than enough).
If your customer is running on an apache server and goes into CPanel>MySQL and clicks "delete database" he won't be given any confirmation question...  the system will just do it.  It assumes that if you are doing it, you know what you are doing.

Why are you disappointed?  The bridge does exactly what it is advertised to do, including syncing the users EXACTLY as you have them set up.  Not the bridge's fault it you set them up to remove your admin access.
Слaва
Украинi

bulkhogan

installed the bridge and didnt see any issues until i logged out, at the top of my webpage i get this

Notice: Undefined index: totalMembers in /homepages/7/d168536085/htdocs/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 3145

the site is www.poker-florida.com [nofollow]

when you log in it goes away

thanks in advance

Orstio

That's not really bridge-related.  The bridge is just making the error more apparent.  If you look in your forum stats, you'll see this:

Quote1 Posts in 1 Topics by 0 Members.

Try going to your SMF admin panel, Forum Maintenance, and Recount all Forum Statistics.

paki

Quote from: imforumman on June 18, 2006, 04:00:17 AM
Quote from: Orstio on April 23, 2006, 07:59:20 AM
Group Synch option

Be very careful with the Group Synch button.  If you do not have your Group Synch options saved correctly, you can erase admin status from all Joomla administration.  Do not click the Group Synch button without first making absolutely sure your settings in the Group Synch tab are correct, and you will have at least one Super Admin after synching.

Yes, this is exactly what happend to me. I will pass this installation on to a customer once it's done. What if he ever decides to hit that button? Messing with "...acl_groups_aro_map" is IMHO a very bad idea. Is this absolutly necessary? At least please have a quadrouple warning before doing the synching. It took me forever to find out what the problem was and how to fix it (manual restoration of the codes for the groups and so on, I'm still not confident I got it all right, so I will have to copy some db-contents from a second installation to make sure. Very much disappointed.

if he decides to hit the button..  like Orstio said make sure that groups are saved correctly. Another option would be not to give them access to it at all..
http://www.dfwhyundais.com <-- Dallas/Ft. Worth's Local Hyundai Group

Advertisement: