SMF1.07

Started by gia, April 23, 2006, 02:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gia

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.7
Hi, I'm mostly gonna complain, don't take it personal :P

I'm going to try the new RC just because if I make that a zero I'll probably unlock several new errors. I am not a guru about mysql scripts but I got the error:

QuoteSome of the queries were not executed properly. This could be caused by an unsupported (development or old) version of MySQL.

Technical information about the queries:
Line #1076: Out of range value adjusted for column 'ID_POLL' at row 1

CREATE TABLE {$db_prefix}topics (
  ID_TOPIC mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  isSticky tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  ID_BOARD smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  ID_FIRST_MSG int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  ID_LAST_MSG int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  ID_MEMBER_STARTED mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  ID_MEMBER_UPDATED mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  ID_POLL mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  numReplies int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  numViews int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  locked tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (ID_TOPIC),
  UNIQUE lastMessage (ID_LAST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
  UNIQUE firstMessage (ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
  UNIQUE poll (ID_POLL, ID_TOPIC),
  KEY isSticky (isSticky),
  KEY ID_BOARD (ID_BOARD)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO {$db_prefix}topics
VALUES (1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0);

If I am correct you are trying to set ID_POLL as -1 after defining as unsigned. I recall installing mysql with a recommended option "strict sql mode" or something like that, I guess that would be the cause.

Also, It failed to connect to the database until I explicity defined a default port in php.ini. Win2k, Apache2, PHP5 as module.

Why do you append the database prefix to the username on your second try? From the comment there I take the prefix has nothing to do with the username, shouldn't you teach the guy installing what a database prefix is?

Right now, Firefox 1.5 the "Italicized, Underline, Strikethrough" shows as text not symbols and look ugly. The bg is the same size as the bg images of the other buttons, but instead a symbol they are textual so it the bg gets repeated behind.

SMF looks great here I just need to get it installed ;) And man, my username was a substring of my password and got it rejected that was annoying, I mean, they are 3 letters and the pass over 9...

Advertisement: