User can log in as someone else

Started by karone, April 24, 2006, 07:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karone

I have one user who has reported the following intermittant problem:

"It was an intermittant problem, when I flicked between topics, replies, threads, messages, I was usually still showing as logged on as me, but  occassionally someone else's log-on popped up. I could understand it to some extent when it was <user1> as we use the same proxy server so present to the forum as the same originating IP address but <user2> was an unusal one, though it did seem to coincide with him posting as I noticed new replies appearing authored by him at about the same time.

<user1> was also seeing his threads as logged-on as me intermittantly, not sure if he appeared to be logged on as anyone else.

I found that just back-spacing or clicking on the Go button next to forum name, it then resulted in me being back, showing as the user logged-in if that makes sense."

Basically what he is saying is that occasionally he can see someone else's details. He says that it has happened to him twice and he has submitted screenshots which prove his point. One of the other users involved could see the original users details, as if their two logins had become transposed.

It's a weird one - what's happening?

Advertisement: