News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

upgrade problem

Started by souleman, March 28, 2004, 07:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

souleman

I upgraded from beta 4 to beta 4.1.  Now I get :
Safari can't open the page "http://www.sfcnetwork.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile" because it could not load any data from this location.

This happens no matter what i click (the action just changes...  action=admin  action=help).  I also get the same type of error whenever I try to view a board ( index.php/board,4.0).

I have uploaded the entire sources directory twice and the index.php file twice.  Also run the upgrade.php file twice and nothing seems to help.  Originally, I was able to view the calendar after the upgrade, but now even that is giving me the error.

Grudge

Can you upload the theme files and language files again too.
I'm only a half geek really...

souleman

I uploaded everything again (after my host finally stopped f'ing things up).  Same errors.  I am going to go back to a backup of the b4.0 install for now.

Quick question.  Since I have to delete and reupload everything anyway.  What would happen if i just installed the 4.1 beta and ran the install?  Would that delete all the posts that were there from before?  Or can I get them back using the database management tools in the admin console?

[Unknown]

Just leave Settings.php.  All install.php does is create the tables and edit Settings.php....

-[Unknown]

souleman

Okay thanks, I will give it a try.  Sorry, been busy the last few days.  Got everything back to the 4.0 release and haven't worried about the update yet.

Just so you know, I believe the problem was with my hosting provider.  They were experiencing "technical difficulties" with the fact the hard drive was at 101% capacity (not sure how that happens).  Anyway I am sure the files were not uploaded properly because of disk errors.

Thanks [unknown]

[Unknown]

Quote from: souleman on March 31, 2004, 10:58:28 AM
the hard drive was at 101% capacity

Nice.  Just nice.  I can't believe they let that happen :P :P.  Kidding, it was probably an honest mistake.  (still... 100% is much more reasonable :P!)

-[Unknown]

souleman

I still have no idea how it happened, but thats what the admin panel was reporting.

They went through and cleared up files that were not supposed to be on the server (to big according the the EULA) and it brought it down to 90% which means they are to lazy to maintain there servers properly.

Advertisement: