News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PM Notification Bar

Started by Dzonny, March 15, 2009, 06:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylert

How can I get a red background for this, or maybe red text?

wolfetundra

I would like to remove the first post number. Instead of it saying "You have X messages, X new messages" I want it to say "You have X new messages".

Dzonny

When you have a mod installed, open your index.template.php and find:

if(!empty($context['user']['unread_messages'])) {     
echo '<br /><br /><div class="categoryframe tborder" style="width: 90%; text-align: center; margin: auto;"><h3 class="catbg headerpadding"><center>';       
echo '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">', $txt['msg_alert_you_have'], ' ', $context['user']['messages'], ' ', $context['user']['messages'] != 1 ? $txt['msg_alert_messages'] : $txt['message_lowercase'], $txt['newmessages4'], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] == 1 ? $txt['newmessages0'] : $txt['newmessages1'] , '.</a>';       
echo '</center></h3></div>'; }

// The main content should go here.

And replace with:

if(!empty($context['user']['unread_messages'])) {     
echo '<br /><br /><div class="categoryframe tborder" style="width: 90%; text-align: center; margin: auto;"><h3 class="catbg headerpadding"><center>';       
echo '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm">', $txt['msg_alert_you_have'], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'], ' ', $context['user']['unread_messages'] == 1 ? $txt['newmessages0'] : $txt['newmessages1'] , '.</a>';       
echo '</center></h3></div>'; }

// The main content should go here.

And that should do the trick. Let me know if you need any further help.

@Dylert - You can, but you must apply your own style to it, as it's using default ones now mainly. Take a look at "style" attributes inside the code this mod adds to index.template.php and you can see what i'm talking about.

kamili34

Where I can modify color of the bar? I'm using aqua style.

Dzonny

Quote from: kamili34 on March 27, 2014, 02:14:02 PM
Where I can modify color of the bar? I'm using aqua style.
I'm not sure which bar you're trying to modify, but try with "categoryframe" class or "catbg headerpadding" class.

Advertisement: