Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlashUK1983

Is there anyway I can alter the height?
I've had a look at shout.template.php but can't find anything.

I need to do this because the shout box currently puts a large blank space between the bottom of the shouts, and the page content below it.

See the left hand column

Katrien

Howdy all

first of all..we are very happy with our SMF forum. We've used a theme intifada and modified it ourselves..so it became a whole new theme. Thanks to the scripter of intifada.

Also we are using ezBlock Manager

Now we have a prolem and i cant solve it:

we are looking for a shout with minimum the following features. We've looked everywhere en tried to install some shouts but none of the installed shouts fullfilled our needs and/or we had problems installing it in our theme:

• Auto refresh shout - refresh time editable or on/off;
  • After auto refreshing or adding a message...page in the browser (like firefox of internet explorer) stays at the same place..so users will still see shout instead of going back to the top of our site.
  • the use of the smilies map (forum: Smileys and Message Icons)
  • admin/staff (depending of permissions) can edit and delete messages
  • view history
  • emty out shout in one time by admins/staff depending on permissions
  • klick on user you go to his/her profile
  • just use "enter" to add the shout (instead of button "add shout" )
  • integrated in our theme

can you help us? we are desperate to have one like this. Note we are using ezBlock Manager also.

Pls help us? for us and our community a good shout is very important.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Katrien
1place4nzb.eu
Pls visit www.1place4ads.nl for advertisement design.

Foreclosurepedia

I run intifada on smf 1.1.9 @ http://ibrr.org/forum/ and would love a shoutbox as well!  thanx!
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Jesus Raves

Hello ppl, I'm new here like I'm new in forum's stuffs  :D

I have installed package.

If someone can help me because I'm not good with code and really don't know what to do?!

I want to put the shoutbox above "info center" at the bottom of the forum, and to show only on main page.

What code and where to put it?

Thanks in advance

Katrien

Quote from: Jesus Raves on July 14, 2009, 09:11:11 PM
Hello ppl, I'm new here like I'm new in forum's stuffs  :D

I have installed package.

If someone can help me because I'm not good with code and really don't know what to do?!

I want to put the shoutbox above "info center" at the bottom of the forum, and to show only on main page.

What code and where to put it?

Thanks in advance

howdy

Download and instal EZPortal. You can make separate pages, add blocks per page (f.a. shout) etc.

Good luck

Kind regards
Katrien
Pls visit www.1place4ads.nl for advertisement design.

Trajek

Is there a way to increase the length of the messages allowed for the shout box.

-----
I am also having an issue with admins log-in. When an admin logs in it takes them to this- index.php?action=shout_xml;xml

When members log in it works fine.

Fixed this issue by turning off the javascript refresh, still want to know how to increase the message length.

Trajek

Quote from: Trajek on August 30, 2009, 02:55:27 PM
Is there a way to increase the length of the messages allowed for the shout box.

Anything?

Trajek

Quote from: Trajek on August 30, 2009, 08:59:19 PM
Quote from: Trajek on August 30, 2009, 02:55:27 PM

Anything?

Found it, thanks.

taekwonjudo

I am having a great deal of difficulty with this mod and am not sure why. I'm very new at all of this so the error is likely something I'm doing.

I've downloaded the package (shout_v1.40.tar.gz & have uploaded it via the package manager.

The issue starts here, I don't see any options for it in the options section at all, but when I add the code to the theme, the content area drops down like I would expect it to... but there is a very small ... what appears to be text field in the center of my screen above the content with... I'm assuming some kind of a square with rounded corner button centered directly below that.

I can type in the text field, but when I hit enter, I get a new screen that shows the template header, the space for the shoutbox, the text field & button thing... but in the content area of the forum, it says simply "An Error Has Occured!"

The same error screen pops up if I hit the button thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arantor

Given that its author hasn't updated it in 3 years, I'd say an update for any version of 2.0 is unlikely.

perplexed

lol but it's always worked for me on previous versions so I've never needed to update it in all that time, and it's a great shoutbox.   I haven't actually checked if it will install on 2.0 so maybe I should check that first.

edit:  hmm not without some test fails

I'll look at it further when I get more time

Arantor

It won't; 2.0 has changed so much from 1.1 that it won't install.

mailtokikku

i installed this mode on my website but cant see the shoutbox on it

Smf installed : SMF 1.1.11

Jerry

Quote from: mailtokikku on December 24, 2009, 03:18:31 PM
i installed this mode on my website but cant see the shoutbox on it

Smf installed : SMF 1.1.11

did you make sure to add
if (function_exists('smfshout'))
  smfshout();
some where in your templates?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

mailtokikku

where to add this (i dont no programming), so pls explain me

mailtokikku

wher to add this code (on which template)

Col

Quote from: mailtokikku on December 26, 2009, 04:14:13 PM
wher to add this code (on which template)

Read the opening post to this thread. ;)

Danpotter

i wanna make enable this Ultimate shoutbox at the top of the page just below news [Just like neonneo shoutbox] what sort of modification i ahve to do in my index.template .php

please provide me the entire coding please....

Advertisement: