News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

Hi Grudge,

I think you may have missed my bug reports (you were on holiday). Replies 540, and 546.

tL0z

Quote from: tL0z on August 25, 2005, 12:13:42 PM
Hello,

I have the forum in portuguese and I'm trying to install the shoutbox. However, when I upload it says that the file is currupt?

How can I solve this?

Thanks

help!

tL0z

Quote from: tL0z on September 07, 2005, 11:18:43 AM
Quote from: tL0z on August 25, 2005, 12:13:42 PM
Hello,

I have the forum in portuguese and I'm trying to install the shoutbox. However, when I upload it says that the file is currupt?

How can I solve this?

Thanks

help!

Help me please!

Ride

I'm having trouble with shoutbox and SEF url's on.  Is there an issue with shoutbox and search engine friendly url's being on?  I did a search and did find anything to my surprise.  The shoutbox comes up fine but after a shout it isn't redirected properly.  Check it out http://www.ridesocal.com/forum/index.php   If you are a thread like http://www.ridesocal.com/forum/index.php/topic,510.0.html  it will return you to http://www.ridesocal.com/topic,510.0.html?  which of course brings up good old mr. 404

EDIT:  My guess is it has something to do with this in shout.php...

$context['qstr'] = "http://" . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . "?" . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

if (strcmp( substr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], -7), "SSI.php") == 0)
$context['qstr'] = "http://" . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];

Klozi

I try to use the Ultimate Shoutbox with SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public and the Windows XP theme. There aren't any errors in the display but if I try to shout a message he refresh the page and it happened nothing!

What make I wrong?

tL0z

Hello,

I have the forum in portuguese and I'm trying to install the shoutbox. However, when I upload it says that the file is currupt or not valid

How can I solve this?

Thanks

weekend camper

what happens when you install anyway? 

(making sure you have a back up of course... just in case).

tL0z

Hum, weird. I tryed to download it from the SMF server and it worked! :)

Can you help me installing it now? http://www.nintendogeeks.globalfree.net/forum/index.php

I want to put it above the buttons (home etc) inside that "square".

Thanks for the help :)

tL0z

tL0z

I've already installed the shoutbox, how can I put it inside the square under the user info?

http://www.nintendogeeks.globalfree.net/forum/index.php

My theme is Apollo.

HELP!

clemenzo

Hi,

How can I change the date format to "d M y h:i:s a" for dates other than Today?

e.g 15 Sep 05 08:00:00 am instead of September 15, 2005 08:00:00 am

Thank you!

coldthunder

Question on Shoutbox:

how to change the font of the text when you post the message and how to move the shout button to the left of where you type message?

Alos when i click on shout to post the message , the whole page refreshed, is that how its supposed to work? or hsould just the shoutbox itself refresh?

thank you for the help

coldthunder

ANARCH¥

hey all, a little problem, rach time i try to log on my board i recieve the xml of shoutbox in answer, i have the go back and reactualize for see the board....
Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
- <smf>
  <shout id="696" can_delete="1" time="<b>Today</b> at 10:30:23 AM" member_email="" member_id="3957" member_name="D.e.v" message="&nbsp;im gonna rip his 1o.o.o.1 and make it 10.0.0.1

i found the bug problem:
Enable javascript XML refreshing of the shoutbox. (This will increase server load)
i unchecked and now all good for the login

ah, and in admin panel i have 2 shoutbox section .... thx for your help

tL0z

Quote from: tL0z on September 13, 2005, 05:04:10 AM
I've already installed the shoutbox, how can I put it inside the square under the user info?

http://www.nintendogeeks.globalfree.net/forum/index.php

My theme is Apollo.

HELP!

HELP!

perplexed

Quote from: elliel on August 08, 2005, 06:10:59 AM
Quote from: Col on August 06, 2005, 08:30:30 PM
Hi Elliel,

I don't think this is a shoutbox problem really. You are just looking for ideas of what to place under it. You could move the newsbox there I suppose, but then you'll be left with space in the header section.

It obvious you've gone to some trouble with your template, but there are some obvious problems. The width of your forum is considerably wider than 1024px wide, so unless you have a wide screen monitor, you have to scroll across.

What you could do, I suppose, is make two fixed width forum templates, one for 1024px width monitors, and one for 800px monitors. You'd actually have all the main parts of the forum within the 800 or 1024px, and you'd have to scroll across to view the shoutbox. Just a thought. - It would keep your forum large (according to members particular monitors and resolutions), and would be putting the shoutbox in some extra side space.

I'd still have a default template that was dynamic, that included the shoutbox, and then they could choose one of the fixed width templates from their profile options in they so desired.

Hi

I didnt do anything to the width of the forum, it just came that way, so I don't understand why you say it's too wide :(  I use a laptop and I don't have the scrolling problem, it seems to fit my screen ?

*confused*

But yeah about the space under the shout box, that is exactly the problem, there's a bit empty space underneath but I don't know how to move anything there :)

Hi I still have the problem of having an empty space under the shoutbox to fill, but I have now been asked about something else.

The shoutbox is available to all members but the Moderators have asked if it were possible to have their own Mod only shoutbox, so we could make each other aware of stuff etc without having to PM.   I'm guessing that you can't install two shoutboxes on the forum... but on my main website I have a little free shoutbox installed which is about 100 x 300 pixels.  Is there some way I can add that to the forum under the smf 'official shoutbox' ?  Then the regular members could use the non-smf shoutbox and I could restrict the smf shoutbox to the mods and admin team?

Is that possible and if so, can anyone tell me how to insert it?  I guess it means changing the display template but I would need instructions :)

thanks in advance

coldthunder

Well no one answered either of my 2 question above on this page, so  let me try a 3rd questions.

Where can i change the font size of the shot message being posted? currently wiht at 500x100 box only 4 messages can be in there at a time, but the font is kind of big, if i can lower the font im sure i can get more shout messages withing that box. Someone or anyone can you please help? thank you kindly

Rat454

Hi Guys

I think the problem i have isnt a major one, but i cant for the life of me work out what to do. I have smf 1.1 beta 3p version, and i just installed the Ultimate Shoutbox. The shoutbox works fine, i it is positioned correctly, and operates well. However in my admin section it doesnt appear in my feature and option settings, so i cant make and adjustments to it. Does anyone know why it doesnt apear?

Thank you

perplexed

Quote from: coldthunder on September 17, 2005, 12:18:06 AM
Well no one answered either of my 2 question above on this page, so  let me try a 3rd questions.

Where can i change the font size of the shot message being posted? currently wiht at 500x100 box only 4 messages can be in there at a time, but the font is kind of big, if i can lower the font im sure i can get more shout messages withing that box. Someone or anyone can you please help? thank you kindly

in admin, features, you can change the size of the box and the number of shouts to be displayed.  my shoutbox runs down the right hand side of the page and you can see them all fine without altering the font size, but if you want to change the font size it would probably be in the shoutbox template???

coldthunder

i looked in the shoutbox template and its not anywhere in there only thing you can change in size in there is the message box tiself, id like to change the font as its kind big, thanks for any help anyone can give

Advertisement: