Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

Thanks, only problem now is finding the time to add the other bits!
I'm only a half geek really...

mrdonut

i can not veiw the shoutbox
likeit does not show up
how would i fix this

Col

If you are using the default template, and want the shoutbox on the right, you could try using what I posted in reply #312 (that's better than my suggestion in reply #301 for the right). If you would like the shoutbox on the left, you could try my suggestion in reply #301. If you go through the thread you will find other suggestions too.

mager

I downloaded this, and nothing showed up, i went to the settings and everything seemed right but it ddint appear on the forum.
http://www.dnlforum.com  Dark and Light Unofficial Forum

Grudge

Did you read the instructions, or even any of the replies here? You need to add a line to your template to actually *show* it - if you can see the settings then it's installed fine. Just read the instructions and/or the posts Col referred to above.

mager

yea i did, i replaced what was supposed to be replaced and my forum turned into a tiny forum, not sure how to explain it, everything was pushed to the side.
http://www.dnlforum.com  Dark and Light Unofficial Forum

Grudge

Well - it all depends on where you want it. By the sound of it the change moved the shoutbox to the left or the right, squashing the forum slightly. Where do you want it to appear? The best way to add it is firstly to add the HTML around where you want it to appear (i.e get the containing div in place, so it looks nice), and then call the function to fill it.

I know it sounds like a mammoth task but if you check through this topic there are examples of how to add the shoutbox to the top and bottom of the page as well as to the side. Also, if you want to check it is installed and working OK you can go to the URL of your site, as below:
www.yoursite.com/smf/ssi_examples.php

asdfasdfasdfasdf

Hi guys!
I've got a "little" problem with my shoutbox. When i try to put it into my forum it shows me this error instead of the shoutbox:

I haven't seen an similar problem so far, i hope somebody can help me!
greetz oNiMrA

[Unknown]

Who is your host?  I could write a custom realpath, so it really makes no sense to disable it.

Why don't you contact them, and ask them why they have disabled it?

-[Unknown]

asdfasdfasdfasdf

my host is hxxp:www.cybton.com [nonactive]
i don't have a clue what a realpath is (newbie, sorry),
But when i've understood you right i can't do anything against it, apart from asking my host

EDIT:
ok, i've found out that the realpath function has been disabled for security reasons by my host, and they are not going to activate it, is there any solution how i can use the shoutbox without this function?

TedNigma

Probably old news.  However this mod works flawless in 1.1..

doomtomb

doesnt work for me. I got smf 1.03

Jerry

how is it not working, can you tell us your problem? Have you edited the template?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

ay_danscisi

please help  :)

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smfshout() (previously declared in /home/sitename/public_html/Sources/Subs.php:1824) in /home/sitename/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 1831

IamV

I have the shoutbox installed and working fine.  I am curious though if there is a way to have it display as it's own link.  So I could embed it in an iframe on a different portion of my site?

nameless

Grudge thank you for implementing this mod into SMF. This is by far the best shoutbox that has been made. Quick question. Is there a way I can implement this on a different page besides my forum? I want to add this shoutbox to my wordpress which is the root. TIA. :)

Skate, Snow, and Surf - SF Boarders - Bringing San Francisco Bay Area boarders together.

Grudge

OK,

ay_danscisi, you have somehow installed the mod twice (Even though it will only be listed once), try uninstalling it once - that may fix it!

The other two questions have the same answer - use SSI. If you go to:
www.yoursite.com/smf/ssi_examples.php

You'll actually see instructions on how to use SSI, and an example of how to see the shoutbox using it (The example page actually will show your shoutbox). So to add the shoutbox to any other site page just use the ssi include.

IamV, you want to do exactly this. Create a blank PHP page like:

<?php
require_once('smf/SSI.php');
ssi_shout();
?>

And set the source of the IFRAME to be this PHP page, easy as that :)

nameless

Hey Grudge I'm having a problem installing this mod. After I proceed I get this error

QuoteIncorrect table definition; There can only be one auto column and it must be defined as a key
File: /home/sfboarders/public_html/nameless/board/Packages/temp/shoutPdb.php
Line: 65

This board use to be an Enigma portal/YaBBSE that use to have the original shout mod by Haase if that will help any. TIA. :)

Edit: I found this and followed it and dropped my table and made a new one and I still get the same error.

Skate, Snow, and Surf - SF Boarders - Bringing San Francisco Bay Area boarders together.

Grudge

Does that error actually halt installation or not? Can you run this in phpMyAdmin, and tell me the results?

SHOW CREATE TABLE smf_shoutbox

Where smf_ is your database prefix.

nameless

Quote from: Grudge on April 22, 2005, 04:29:51 PM
Does that error actually halt installation or not? Can you run this in phpMyAdmin, and tell me the results?

SHOW CREATE TABLE smf_shoutbox

Where smf_ is your database prefix.

Grudge, I can't proceed after I get this error. This is the message I get. My db prefix is "yabbse_"

Quoteyabbse_shoutbox CREATE TABLE `yabbse_shoutbox` (
`ID_SHOUT` int(...

Advertisement: