News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie43302

i just applied this mod in my forum and now i cant access my forum at all not even the admin section to use my backup here is the error i get when i try to go to my forum

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smfshout() (previously declared in /home/content/e/d/d/eddie43302/html/smf/Sources/Subs.php:1831) in /home/content/e/d/d/eddie43302/html/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 1838

the mighty gc

Quote from: nameless on May 18, 2005, 04:52:20 PM
Quote from: the mighty gc on May 18, 2005, 08:17:08 AM
gosh i have tried everything in this forum to try and get shoutbox running, its installed in teh forum, but i just cant seem to add the right code.  there didnt appear to be any install instructions either.

could someone please tell me in idiot terms what i should be typing to get it running.

i have the shoutbox.php in the default folder and in the thems folder i want to use, that didnt seem to help either.

thanks

Did you follow the directions here?

yeah i did that, i get this error

QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/helios_multi/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.

followed by this error

QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/.jassid/freeport/freeport3volution.com/forums/Themes/helios_multi/index.template.php on line 415

Shoutbox shows up in my admin options etc....it just wont display on my forum when i add the function smfshout () command

ShadowStriker

would someone be kind to tell me how the ultimate shoutbox shows up? i search for one and landed in page 14... this guys say READ!!! but now there's 27 pages and i've seen many codes im so confused...

robone

Quote from: robone on April 26, 2005, 09:02:44 AM
I used the script that Col proposed on the 26 March @ 12h31 and its working great. Quite like it on the rights side.

Check it out www.imagin.za.net

Had a few border colour problems. Still need to get the spacing right on the sides, but its now working on 3 of my themes, Default, Classic and Oxygen.

Thanks

This is what I posted before. Use the col's script

Jerry

I also posted one way to make it show up on page 9 or 8 ;)

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Bitwiz44

Quote from: hassan on May 19, 2005, 03:07:46 AM
i want to have  [message] view all and shout button in one line...............so please tell me how to do this.i placed it where i want now problem is to make all those " [message] view all and shout button" is one line not like this
              in singe line........

To Grudge, or anyone else..... Please read.

I would also like to know how to do this. My order would be 'View" then the [message] and lastly the submit button.  Can the message box be expanded horizontally?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

robone

shadowstriker, col is a member who posts here and he wrote a script that you paste into some place...can't remember where...but it is described in his post of the 26th March and it works.

Go to my forum at www.imagin.za.net and have a look.

Col

I saw Bitwiz44's post, and I think he has it installed OK, and my take was that he wants to display the options/fields in a single line:

view all | message | shout

I did look at the code, but it looked like a lot of fiddling, and I'm still new to CSS. I still find the SMF code quite confusing, but I'm sure there are others around here that could do this in two ticks?

Bitwiz44

Yes, The shout works nicely.

I just want to inline the stuff.

loudog

Just to verify I've done this right. I installed the mod, which installs on the smf default theme. However my forum theme is not SMF default. I used this code at the top of the theme index.template I wanted shoutbox in.
<?php require("blah/blah/SSI.php"); ?>

Then to call the shoutbox where I wanted in that theme, I used this inside of a table

', smfshout(), '

It works fine, but I want to be sure I'm setting this up right to avoid future problems. Also, to use this on any other themes,  I follow the same steps correct?

Thanks Grudge...

Jerry

you do not need to require the SSI file within your forum template, just add the smfshout() function.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

lakerol

Is there anyway possible way to align the generated text from the shoutbox to align to the left instead of all in the center?

Jerry

find in the shout.template.php
   //--></script>';

echo '
      <center>';
   // Scrolling?

replace the <center> with <left>

find:
   echo '
         <p><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=shout_archive">', $txt['shoutbox_43'], '</a></p>
      </center>';

replace with:
   echo '</left><center>
         <p><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=shout_archive">', $txt['shoutbox_43'], '</a></p>
      </center>';

should do the trick....

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

!Hachi!

anyone plz ............no one replied me  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Quotei want to have  [message] view all and shout button in one line...............so please tell me how to do this.i placed it where i want now problem is to make all those " [message] view all and shout button" is one line not like this
              in singe line........
Happy Ramadan

Bitwiz44

Quote from: hassan on May 28, 2005, 03:12:59 AM
anyone plz ............no one replied me  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

i want to have  [message] view all and shout button in one line...............so please tell me how to do this.i placed it where i want now problem is to make all those " [message] view all and shout button" is one line not like this
              in singe line........

I got it, But I would NEVER have worked this out without Grudge's help.  (Thanks Grudge!)

echo '
<input type="hidden" value="', $user_info['name'], '" name="displayname" />
<input type="hidden" value="', $ID_MEMBER, '" name="memberID" />';

//make the stuff inline
echo '
<left>
<p><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=shout_archive">', $txt['shoutbox_43'], '</a>

<input type="text" value="', $txt['shoutbox_8'], '" name="message" size="120" maxlength="100" onfocus="if (this.value == \'', $txt['shoutbox_8'], '\')this.value=\'\'" />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="', $txt['shoutbox_9'], '" />
</form>
</center>';

}

?>

starting at the //make the stuff inline:
Ok, its not pretty, but its VERY close to what I needed and works. I just need somehow to put a few spaces between each item.

[view all]  [message]  [shout] in one line is what I wanted. I made the shout under the stats on the main below. I also needed the message entry box wider, to see easier what is 'About" to be entered in the box.
Grudge's advice:

all the HTML for the shoutbox is in the file called shout.template.php, it can be found in your Themes/default directory.

The form bits (Where people type there message) is in the function called "template_shout_form", to make the message box longer change the bit that says:

name="message" size="16"

To have a size that you want it to have (for example 25)

To make it inline I *think* you want to remove the <br> that is on the end of that same line.

The below part didn't work for me.

to get the "View all" on the same line as the box is something I'd find a little tricky cause I don't know much about CSS, but I think you'd change this:

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=shout" method="post">

to something like:

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=shout" method="post" style="display: inline;">

From the actual  code that works for me, I found the line grudge is describing, and move it to the same area as the other code. after much playing, finally I removed the </p> and the echo.  8)

If anyone has a better way, Im all ears.

loudog

Quote from: Jerry on May 28, 2005, 01:50:51 AM
you do not need to require the SSI file within your forum template, just add the smfshout() function.

I thought if you didn't use the shoutbox on your default template, that you had to use SSI to call it. If you are using default then no. Is this incorrect? I have about 10 different themes for various topics on my site. The shout box is being used for my open general topic, which is not the default SMF template.

loudog

edited

!Hachi!

Thanks Alot "Bitwiz44".I got it now.Thanks alot........it works
Happy Ramadan

Advertisement: