Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitwiz44

Quote from: hassan on May 28, 2005, 09:33:02 PM
Thanks Alot "Bitwiz44".I got it now.Thanks alot........it works

Thank Grudge, I would never have gotten it without him.  8)

MasterRye

Sorry this thread is so big I cannot find my answer, I use version 1.0.3 and I cant see the ultimate shout box after installing, plus how do I get it to work with the Helios Theme?
{You will get what You put into it -and- see what You want to see},    

===Death is your Sleep-I am your Nightmare===

loudog

Put this code some place in your index.template, of the template you wnat it to show up in. I put mine right after the powered/valid logo echo' and added my own HTML around it, I suggest maybe a table with a border or something.
', smfshout(), '

Grudge

Hi all,

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, although I did reply to the few emails I received!

I've updated the description of the mod (Mod site and first post in this topic), with some helpful (I hope) tidbits on displaying the shoutbox, editing the template and using SSI - so in the future people won't be as confused!
I'm only a half geek really...

MasterRye

Thank you my shout box is up and wrking and that edit made more sense to me. Now I just need to tackle the games arcade and music uploads, listening, and lyrics.
{You will get what You put into it -and- see what You want to see},    

===Death is your Sleep-I am your Nightmare===

Xarcell

I think the shoutbox is pretty sweet. I have a problem though, in my shoutbox it shows the (no-image) X icon. Is my avatar supposed to be showing up there? because it won't.

Is there anyway to turn it off? I don't want any images showing up in the shouts besides the smilies.

Thanx,

-Xarcell

!Hachi!

there is delete icon in shout box folder named as deleteshout.gif  you have to upload it manually to your theme images's folder where you are using shoutbox.then you will see delete icon instead of X .hope you got it.
Happy Ramadan

stargazer_1017

If this was already posted earlier, I apologize, but I didn't find it. Is there anyway I can post the top shouts? I mean, list how many shouts a forum member has made, starting from the top shouter?

-Shayna

LostProphecy

does anyone know if this works on SMF 1.1 Beta 2??
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

Grudge

What does it say when you try to install it on Beta 2 - does it say any step failed? I'm willing to update it if necessary for Beta 2, but I expect it will work anyway.

stargazer_1017,

There's no built in way to do this, you'd have to mod it in yourself. If you were having it display per page load it would be a real drag on your forum speed - but I guess you could modify the stats page to do it - I don't have time to add it myself though.

stargazer_1017

Oh no, that's okay then :) I was just wondering. I think I just wanted it to show in the "archive" page. I'm not so good at the programming stuff, so I'll leave it as is. It's still wonderful the way it is :D

-Shayna

DuckFat

My Shoutbox is getting crushed by hundreds of online gambling ads per day.  I need to find a way to ban the people doing it.  I've used IP banning in SMF but I don't think it's working with the shoutbox or the spammers are getting around it somehow.

Does IP banning work with the shoutbox?

If not, can we please have a patch to allow IP banning and also automatic deletion of any message with certain words?  I'd like to ban the words poker, blackjack, gambling, etc.  I don't want to ban those words for the entire forum, just the shoutbox.  Can anyone help?  If I can't get a quick solution I'll have to remove the shoutbox altogether and that would make me sad.  :(
-- DuckFat

Grudge

DuckFat, have you enabled guests to shout? Why don't you make your shoutbox members only so banned members won't be able to use it?

DuckFat

I see no option to do that in the "Edit Features and Options" section.  How do I do that?

That would only be a temporary fix.  I think an essential element of the shoutbox is allowing quick anonymous posts.
-- DuckFat

Grudge

It's under "Manage Permissions".

It should respect bans though even if the user is a guest, as SMF won't allow them to get as far as the shoutbox if they're banned. If worst comes to worst I can probably post you the code to force it to disallow certain words if you want.

rjoe_brandon

Hi all -

Like many I was having troubles getting the formatting to play nice with my forum page.  Since I am using Mambot CMS I threw together a Mambo CMS module to display the shoutbox anywhere a module can be displayed in Mambo (which is nearly everywhere  :)

You can download it here.

http://shovelbums.org/content/view/120/481/ [nofollow]

Grudge

Thanks rjoe_brandon, I'm sure people will appreciate it :)

cferd

Hey, thank you. So far so good. It's working perfectly. Will post any problems, if any arise.

Edit: Ok, one problem did arise. The module cannot be selected to show in the wrapped forum page.

LostProphecy

Quote from: Grudge on June 03, 2005, 10:07:56 AM
What does it say when you try to install it on Beta 2 - does it say any step failed? I'm willing to update it if necessary for Beta 2, but I expect it will work anyway.

i'm getting this grudge

Type Action Description
1. Extract File ./Sources/shout.php 
2. Extract File ./Themes/default/shout.template.php 
3. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/deleteshout.gif 
4. Execute Code shoutPdb.php 
5. Execute Modification index.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification SSI.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ssi_examples.php Test failed
11. Execute Modification ssi_examples.shtml Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

Grudge

I'd just install it anyway - it just won't leave you with a SSI example - not a big deal.

Advertisement: