News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yngwiedis

Can someone give a small help to my problem ?
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

Grudge

Quote from: Yngwiedis on July 02, 2005, 06:52:06 AM

I'm afraid the shoutbox currently can only redirect to the forum homepage after a delete. Guess this is a bug but it will take me a while to find a way to get around it.
I'm only a half geek really...

mixel

Sorry if this has been covered here before..

I've installed the shoutbox with no problems, it seems great.. I've had a weird issue with it's formatting though.

When I enable guest posts i get: "Email", "Name" and "Shout"  boxes plus a "view all" link.. that's good.. but I don't want unregged shout posting enabled..

When I disable guest posts I can only see the "view all link" which links to a page where people can post, but.. That seems wrong? Just the tag entry field would be nice. :) I've looked in ssi_examples.php and it does the same in there..  Is something  wrong with my copy, or have i done something wrong?

thanks in advance. :)

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: mixel on July 03, 2005, 01:25:20 AM
Sorry if this has been covered here before..

I've installed the shoutbox with no problems, it seems great.. I've had a weird issue with it's formatting though.

When I enable guest posts i get: "Email", "Name" and "Shout"  boxes plus a "view all" link.. that's good.. but I don't want unregged shout posting enabled..

When I disable guest posts I can only see the "view all link" which links to a page where people can post, but.. That seems wrong? Just the tag entry field would be nice. :) I've looked in ssi_examples.php and it does the same in there..  Is something  wrong with my copy, or have i done something wrong?

thanks in advance. :)

I have the exact same problem, for whatever reason the "shout_form()" function is not returning, I got around this by putting the form in the "shout_display()" function.

Yngwiedis

Quote from: Grudge on July 02, 2005, 07:36:06 AM
Quote from: Yngwiedis on July 02, 2005, 06:52:06 AM

I'm afraid the shoutbox currently can only redirect to the forum homepage after a delete. Guess this is a bug but it will take me a while to find a way to get around it.
OK. Thank you very much for your answer Grudge ;)
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

Grudge

mixel/Elijah Bliss,

Can you explain a little more what is wrong with guest posting? I tried it and it seems fine to me? Exactly what settings (Both settings and permissions) are you using and what is wrong?

jerm

Quote from: electrohome88 on June 26, 2005, 12:41:57 AM
when someone is banned from the boards, but only banned for posting, the person can still post in the shoutbox, think thats fixable?
can this be looked into please.. i haven't heard a response from it.. and its very annoying when someone is banned from posting, but is still able to post in the shoutbox..
thanks

Grudge

Quote from: electrohome88 on July 03, 2005, 01:11:39 PM
Quote from: electrohome88 on June 26, 2005, 12:41:57 AM
when someone is banned from the boards, but only banned for posting, the person can still post in the shoutbox, think thats fixable?
can this be looked into please.. i haven't heard a response from it.. and its very annoying when someone is banned from posting, but is still able to post in the shoutbox..
thanks
Please try uploading the attached file to your Sources directory.

jerm

thanks.. sorry if i sounded harsh.. it was just getting annoying that they were banned from posting... then would go on and on in the shoutbox about why they shoudln't have been banned.
also, there were errors in the code:
line 35
$context['canPost'] = !isset($_SESSION['ban']['cannot_post'] && allowedTo('make_shout');
should be
$context['canPost'] = !isset($_SESSION['ban']['cannot_post']) && allowedTo('make_shout');

same goes for line 123

just incase others want to use this file as well

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: Grudge on July 03, 2005, 08:23:37 AM
mixel/Elijah Bliss,

Can you explain a little more what is wrong with guest posting? I tried it and it seems fine to me? Exactly what settings (Both settings and permissions) are you using and what is wrong?

I have it set to members only response. The form disappears when integrated in to mkportal and mambo, it doesn't even show for the admin. The only way I can get the form to show is by either iframing the shout function or moving the form to the shout_display() function.

mixel

The same here.. Doesn't matter which settings i use, it just seems to be the unregistered guest access that messes it up.

This is probably unnecessary, but it illustrates what I/we mean;

Hope that helps clarify a bit anyway. Not sure if this is significant, but i'm still running 1.0.5.

Ed: It definitely seems to have been significant, as I updated to the latest beta, and now it seems to work fine..! :)

buttermonster

Can anyone share if there's a way to collapse the shoutbox or only show it on the index (home) page only?

Elijah Bliss

Sorry about that, I was running an older version of the shoutbox, 1.31 works fine in 1.1.

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: buttermonster on July 05, 2005, 11:33:28 AM
Can anyone share if there's a way to collapse the shoutbox or only show it on the index (home) page only?

<?php

include(path/to/your/SSI.php);

ssi_shout();

?>

buttermonster

Quote from: Elijah Bliss on July 05, 2005, 12:23:32 PM

<?php

ssi_shout();

?>

I've got that, but the box still shows .. is that used w/a link to collapse it like the categories or should that only make it appear on the home page?

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: buttermonster on July 05, 2005, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: Elijah Bliss on July 05, 2005, 12:23:32 PM

<?php

ssi_shout();

?>

I've got that, but the box still shows .. is that used w/a link to collapse it like the categories or should that only make it appear on the home page?

I see what you mean. Go to "Your desired Theme/index.template.php"

find:

// If we're on a certain board, limit it to this board ;).
if (!empty($context['current_board']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="brd[', $context['current_board'], ']" value="', $context['current_board'], '" />';

echo '
</form>

</td>

add after

<td>', ssi_shout(), '</td>

now this will look ugly, you 'll have to style it to your liking, but it places the shoutbox in the collapsable area.

buttermonster

jerm

on delete a shout, it should return back to the shoutbox.. instead it returns to the forum index

sits

What does this mean? - what'd I do wrong?  :-\

Help please?
sits

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smfshout() in /home/virtual/sitexxx/fst/var/www/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 76

buttermonster

Quote from: sits on July 06, 2005, 01:31:57 PM
What does this mean? - what'd I do wrong?  :-\

Help please?
sits

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smfshout() in /home/virtual/sitexxx/fst/var/www/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 76

You left out the include line to the file that holds the function.

Advertisement: