Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

Note for 1.0.5 users, the package was broken, I've uploaded a fixed version to the site now.
I'm only a half geek really...

Col

Hiya Grudge,

Was that addion of the old Mod file? It wouldn't install, and I assum,ed that was the problem, but I cannot, for the life of me, work out how to create to tar.gz file. I can extract fine, but I've been pulling my hair out.

Anyway, back to the Shoutbox, are you planning to fix the marquee problem with Firefox and Netscape?

The shoutbox seems to have installed fine, (correction, view all produces the following error)

2: call_user_func(Shout_Archive): First argument is expected to be a valid callback
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/community/index.php
Line: 119

RoarinRow

Quote from: Col on January 01, 2006, 03:36:27 PM
Hiya Grudge,

Was that addion of the old Mod file? It wouldn't install, and I assum,ed that was the problem, but I cannot, for the life of me, work out how to create to tar.gz file. I can extract fine, but I've been pulling my hair out.

Anyway, back to the Shoutbox, are you planning to fix the marquee problem with Firefox and Netscape?

The shoutbox seems to have installed fine, (correction, view all produces the following error)

2: call_user_func(Shout_Archive): First argument is expected to be a valid callback
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/community/index.php
Line: 119

I get the same message when trying to 'View All' shouts, plus I'm still brought the the index page after deleting a shout.

I reverted back to v. 1.3.1  When I sent to Package Manager I also noticed that the [uninstall] link for my Integrated Chat Mod was missing.  I got it back after I uninstalled v 1.3.2 of Shout.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Grudge

I swear I'm cracking up today.

I've uploaded it again, that error should go.

I don't think it's possible to have MArquee work on firefox?

Deleting on shouts should redirect properly now?

Col

Yeah, I know, should have done it on a test forum, bu your latest version has jsu broken my forum! ::) :-[ :D

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare smfshout() (previously declared in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php:1837) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/community/Sources/Subs.php on line 1844

Do you have a simple solution, or do I have to go to backup?

Col

Well, I fixed that easily enough, just removed the seconf entry of the following:

function smfshout()
{
global $sourcedir;

include_once("$sourcedir/shout.php");
shout_display();
shout_form();
}

I know that's obviuos to you, Grudge, but just in case anyone else, who like me, is pretty useless at this stuff. :D

Col

Well, it all seems fine and dandy as far as multi-deletes go.

As RoarinRow says, you are brought back to the index page after deleting, but at least now we can delete multiple posts.

Is there any chance that you can replace marquee with JS to handle the scrolling? After all, with the Shoutbox in it's present form, with marquee, the SMF forum will not validate. No pressure though! ::) :D

RoarinRow

Quote from: Col on January 01, 2006, 05:34:02 PM
Well, it all seems fine and dandy as far as multi-deletes go.

As RoarinRow says, you are brought back to the index page after deleting, but at least now we can delete multiple posts.

Is there any chance that you can replace marquee with JS to handle the scrolling? After all, with the Shoutbox in it's present form, with marquee, the SMF forum will not validate. No pressure though! ::) :D

I'm glad you found a work-around/fix for the error.  Stuff like that makes my stomach turn.   ;)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

antichrist

I have found this problem too while installing 1.31 and 1.32

6.     Executar Modificación     shoutbox_v1.32.mod     Error al parsear la modificación

[6. Executing Modification     shoutbox_v1.32.mod     Error parsing modification]

Thanks for your time

Grudge

antichrist, what version are you on?

As for redirection not working, I can't figure out why, it works fine for me. For a test can you try deleting from the "Profile" screen as that always works for me. Also, verify that your shout.php file (Sources directory) makes some kind of reference to $_SESSION['old_url'].

It sounds like I may have to bite the bullet it do an uglier fix.

Col

Quote from: Grudge on January 02, 2006, 01:28:06 PM
As for redirection not working, I can't figure out why, it works fine for me. For a test can you try deleting from the "Profile" screen as that always works for me.

I'm not sure that I follow. If you mean my own profile page, then no, it still brings me back to the index page if I delete a shout.

QuoteAlso, verify that your shout.php file (Sources directory) makes some kind of reference to $_SESSION['old_url'].

It sounds like I may have to bite the bullet it do an uglier fix.

Just checked, and I have the following:

if (!empty($_SESSION['old_url']) && strpos($_SESSION['old_url'], 'action=delete') === false)
redirectexit($_SESSION['old_url']);
else
redirectexit();
}

antichrist

Quote from: Grudge on January 02, 2006, 01:28:06 PM
antichrist, what version are you on?

1.1 RC2, just upgraded (from 1.0.5)

Grudge

Is that because you don't have a Modifications.english.php?

antichrist

i have:

smf/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
smf/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php

both writable and empty

(it's a spanish site, i need the second file if language default is spanish no?)

moutsounis

Hello everyone.

I have a 1.0.5 smf forum in Greek Language and i was hoping to add the shoutbox. I'm not that familiar at the moment with forums/.php etc so i can't seem to understand things that most of you take for granted.

I was wondering whether someone could guide me through the process of installing the shoutbox on my 1.0.5 Greek language forum (upload, install, how to put it on the bottom of every page after all tables and generally all the actions that need to be done).

Sorry for the disturbance.

Thank you in advance

iran-host

hello .

i want install this mod in index.template file forum smf myself website .

what code this mod that i put in the index.template file ?

thank .

jerm

just re-installed this (i had a previous version till i upgraded to RC2) so my settings stayed in tack
i can't seem to post shouts, but i can delete them
i used a test account(thats not admin), and it gave me this error

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL  http://www.e-grounds.com/forums/index.php?action=delete_shout
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: cannot_delete_shout
File: /home/egrounds/public_html/forums/Sources/Errors.php
Line: 336

also, this seems to only happen on the shout_archive page

McNeo2

Quote from: iran-host on January 05, 2006, 12:08:09 PMi want install this mod in index.template file forum smf myself website .

what code this mod that i put in the index.template file ?

same question here. installing this module, it says:
If you want to add the shoutbox to the LEFT of your web page, you could make the following change in index.template.php
Find:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';

but I don't find it.
from babylon theme I find it:

// The main content should go here.  A table is used because IE 6 just can't handle a div.
echo '
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
<td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';

but from new theme I find something else:

// The main content should go here.
echo '
<div id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 0px 2ex 0px;">';

iran-host

hello dear McNeo2 .

i no understand your Intent .

if may a exampel for the this mod input here .

thank you .

---------------   can you speak persian ?  --------------

McNeo2

Quote from: iran-host on January 08, 2006, 06:25:50 AMi no understand your Intent .

It was not question or answer to you. It was question to Grudge, or to whoever who understands better new theme.

And I cannot speak persian. I'm estonian.

Advertisement: