News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iran-host

thank you dear McNeo2 .

i am Adinfinitum your Friend .

Grudge

Updated to Version 1.33. I hope this resolves the redirection issues and the language strings.
I'm only a half geek really...

jerm

i still get this error when trying to shout from the shout_arcvhive page

An Error Has Occurred!
You do not have permission to delete shouts. 

Darshil

All of them are in .tar.gz format...Do you guys have it available in .rar format?!!!!

Grudge

Darshill, in tar.gz you upload it right to your Packages directory and SMF can install it - rar is useless for that

electrohome - are you *sure* you have set the permissions right?
I'm only a half geek really...

jerm

Quote from: Grudge on January 08, 2006, 07:02:00 PM
electrohome - are you *sure* you have set the permissions right?
im pretty sure. as admin i can't shout from the shout_archive page either. it doesn't give me an error message, it just refreshes the page. i have it enabled to be able to shout from that page as well.
i can however shout using the shout function. for example i can shout through the ssi_examples.php page
i also installed this on my test fourm that has no other mods installed on it and still get this same error.

iran-host

please input learn install this mode .

persian language no understand .

thank .

BeeF93

Ok..bit baffled here. I have installed the Shoutbox mod, I just cant seem to put it where I would like it on my page.

I would like to put it at the top of the forum next to the logo in the white space there.

Forum is at: hxxp:www.top100fitnesssites.com/Forum/index.php [nonactive]

Any ideas guys would be much abliged!

Col

Bee,

If you want to see what I have done, I have this in any template, and place my shoutbox to the main body of the forum:

Quote// The main content should go here.  A table is used because IE 6 just can't handle a div.
   echo '
   <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
      <td id="bodyarea" style="padding: 1ex 20px 2ex 20px;">';
}

function template_main_below()
{
   global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '</td>
   <td valign="top" width="135">
      <div id="shouthead">Shoutbox</div>
      <div id="shoutbox"> ', smfshout(), '
      </div>
   </td><td width="18">&nbsp;</td>
   </tr></table>';

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright.  Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
   echo '

You'll need to adjust it place it in your header.

Also, from my CSS file:

Quote#shouthead {
   margin: 29px 0px 0px 0px;
   padding: 3px;
   background: #6b8eae;
   border: solid #828181;
   border-width: 1px 1px 0px 1px;
   color: #ffffff;
}

#shoutbox {
   padding: 0px 2px 2px 2px;
   border: solid #828181;
   border-width: 1px;
}

This gives the shoutbox a default theme look. I hope it helps.

MrHeartbreaker

I love this mod but I'm never seccessful on installing it.
my board is 1.1 rc2
I try to apply the mode but it has an error notification that

QuoteError in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

This is the 1st mod I downloaded....
And when I tried to apply it, it said

QuoteFatal error: PackageInstall() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/forums/Packages/temp/./shoutPdb.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /forums/Sources/Packages.php on line 534

anybody helps me to find out? Thanks

Col

Quote from: Grudge on January 08, 2006, 07:02:00 PMelectrohome - are you *sure* you have set the permissions right?

Grudge, wouldn't the delete option be hidden if they did not have permission to delete?

SekondeR

hi i wanna add shoutbox over the all forum topics ( over the link tree  - under the search)
and not centered. left sided messages..
i am using 7dana theme.. 

could anyone help me ?

SleePy

is it possible to allow people that i give permissions to on groups to delete posts but also bann from the shoutbox ???
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Col

Sleepy,

Create a new group, "shoutban", or whatever, and set the shoutbox post option to deny. It is generally safe to set the other pemissions in this group to the same as your newbie group, but look at any deny permissions you might have in there.

Any members that you wish to ban, go their profile...................and I've just realised that I'm answering a different question the one you've asked! :)

I think the only way to achieve that is to allow that post-edit group permissin to modify profiles. They will need to be able to add the member to the Shoutban group in the member's profile.

KleeOtr

Hi i have a problem, i have smf 1.1 rc2, and some user doesn't see the shoubox but i don't understand why?!

Jay T

Quote from: MrHeartbreaker on January 11, 2006, 05:34:41 AM
I love this mod but I'm never seccessful on installing it.
my board is 1.1 rc2
I try to apply the mode but it has an error notification that

QuoteError in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

This is the 1st mod I downloaded....
And when I tried to apply it, it said

QuoteFatal error: PackageInstall() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/forums/Packages/temp/./shoutPdb.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php') in /forums/Sources/Packages.php on line 534

anybody helps me to find out? Thanks

I am getting the same error message

Col

Quote from: KleeOtr on January 12, 2006, 01:07:31 PM
Hi i have a problem, i have smf 1.1 rc2, and some user doesn't see the shoubox but i don't understand why?!

Have you remembered to add the Shoutbox call to all your templates?

Jay T

Can someone code this to show up on the left side of the main page under the news fader?

KleeOtr

Quote from: Col on January 12, 2006, 08:20:02 PM
Quote from: KleeOtr on January 12, 2006, 01:07:31 PM

Have you remembered to add the Shoutbox call to all your templates?

lol i have forgot to give the permissions :p however now i have a question:

how i can show the shoutbox ONLY to few group of members?

Col

Quote from: KleeOtr on January 13, 2006, 06:31:21 AMlol i have forgot to give the permissions :p however now i have a question:

how i can show the shoutbox ONLY to few group of members?

There is a mod that allows you to hide template options in member profiles. I think you can decide what they can, or cannot see. Maybe it could be addapted to do this by membergroup? Having said that, the URL to the template with the shoutbox could still be distributed without your consent. That's the only way that springs to mind. Someone else will probably have a better idea than me! :D

Advertisement: