News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ultimate Shoutbox

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 09:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col

Quote from: Jay T on January 12, 2006, 08:38:39 PM
Can someone code this to show up on the left side of the main page under the news fader?

I posted how I did it for the right side, just recently. I have zero php knowledge, so cannot be completely sure. However, if you look at the call for the "template_main_below", you will see that I've added my shoutbox after that, within it's own td tags. You will need to move this to before the template call, for it to appear on the left. The shoutbox will then appear on all your forum pages. I'm not sure that is what you want, but I am uncertain of how to make it appear on the index page only.

KleeOtr

Quote from: Col on January 13, 2006, 09:20:50 AM
Quote from: KleeOtr on January 13, 2006, 06:31:21 AMlol i have forgot to give the permissions :p however now i have a question:

how i can show the shoutbox ONLY to few group of members?

There is a mod that allows you to hide template options in member profiles. I think you can decide what they can, or cannot see. Maybe it could be addapted to do this by membergroup? Having said that, the URL to the template with the shoutbox could still be distributed without your consent. That's the only way that springs to mind. Someone else will probably have a better idea than me! :D

which mode?

i have try to edit the index.template.php, and use this code

if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
        {
echo ' <table align="center" border="2px" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4"><tr class="titlebg"><td align="left">Shoutbox</td></tr><tr class="windowbg"><td align="center">', smfshout(), '</td></tr></table>';
}

and i have found in shout.template.php this:

if ($modSettings['shoutdir'] != 0)

i think that here check the permissions to shout, then if i write this line correcly and before the piece of code that i have write before the shoutbox doesn't appear to the members that can not shout..
but i don't know how to write correcly :(

Col

KleeOtr,

This is the thread you want. However, I think it will be a poor solution, as it stands. If you cam get someone to modify it, that would be different.

Jay T

Getting loads of this error in the log.

8: Undefined index: url_direct
File: /home/legends/public_html/Themes/default/shout.template.php (eval?)
Line: 8

Edit:
I have it set to show 10 shouts at a time. How come sometimes, all 10 won't fit in the box and it uses a scrollbar? Anyway to prevent this?

JesterDesigns

Well I finally got it! Though I do have to re-figure out the layout on the archive view all page cause it kind of got fouled up in the fixing of the main shoutbox to make it more vertically compact. Figuring it out as I go...  Keeping my fingers crossed and my files backed up!!!

Can you tell me how to view them on the same line, I've got my shoutbox to look like the default theme at the moment but it'll look much better if the shoutform items were on the same line.

You can see mine here: http://www.jester-designs.co.uk/forum [nofollow]

duock

Quote from: bhudzmu on January 15, 2006, 09:29:20 AM
Well I finally got it! Though I do have to re-figure out the layout on the archive view all page cause it kind of got fouled up in the fixing of the main shoutbox to make it more vertically compact. Figuring it out as I go...  Keeping my fingers crossed and my files backed up!!!

Can you tell me how to view them on the same line, I've got my shoutbox to look like the default theme at the moment but it'll look much better if the shoutform items were on the same line.

You can see mine here: http://www.jester-designs.co.uk/forum [nofollow]

how to do like this, no mind to tell me?

JesterDesigns

Quote from: duock on January 15, 2006, 10:05:45 AM
how to do like this, no mind to tell me?

I just created a table in the BoardIndex.template.php file using the code:
// Show ShoutBox In A Table
if (function_exists('smfshout'))
echo '
<table border="0" width="100%" class="tborder" cellspacing="' , ($context['browser']['is_ie'] || $context['browser']['is_opera6']) ? '1' : '0' , '" cellpadding="4" style="margin-bottom: 2ex;">
<tr>
<td class="catbg">ShoutBox</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="left">', smfshout(), '</td>
</tr>
</table>';

Most of that is just from the News fade code, i inserted that code above the "// Show some statistics next to the link tree if SP1 info is off." line to get it where it is.

I still need someone to tell me how to make the shoutform display on only one line, can anyone help?

Andy

andyhornby

Guys I am having real trouble. I have been through all of the post here and still can't get it right.

I have added the code, as below, I just need someone to tell me where I'm going wrong:

Quote// --></script>
            <script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/fader.js"></script>
         </td>
      </tr>
   </table>
</div>';
   }

/* Each category in categories is made up of:
      id, href, link, name, is_collapsed (is it collapsed?), can_collapse (is it okay if it is?),
      new (is it new?), collapse_href (href to collapse/expand), collapse_image (up/down iamge),
      and boards. (see below.) */
echo '<div><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="5">';
               echo '<tr><td width="180" valign="top">';
   // Shout Box is right here!
      echo '<div class="tborder"style="width: 180px;"><table border="0" width="180" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="5" style="table-layout: fixed;">
   <tr>
      <td class="catbg" width="100%">ShoutBox</td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
      <td class="windowbg2" width="100%" valign="middle" align="center" colspan="2"><div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">',smfshout(),'</div></td>
   </tr>
        </table></div><br />';
               echo '</td>
                    <td width="100%" valign="top">';
   foreach ($context['categories'] as $category)
   {
      echo '
<div class="tborder"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="5">
   <tr>

I haven't worked much with PHP, so you'll have to forgive me if I've done something really obviusly wrong. Please just let me know, so I can stop pulling my hair out.

Andy

duock

thx JesterDesigns, i love u so much!!!

Suke

Hey i added the code and all but the shoutbox takes up half my screen how do i fix that??
It is Only on the Index page as well Here is the link so you know the size

http://www.masta-gamerz.com/forum/index.php?

Sorry but i need help ASAP!!

JesterDesigns

Quote from: duock on January 15, 2006, 06:34:41 PM
thx JesterDesigns, i love u so much!!!

No Problem!  ;)

Quote from: uchiha sasuke on January 15, 2006, 09:49:15 PM
Hey i added the code and all but the shoutbox takes up half my screen how do i fix that??
It is Only on the Index page as well Here is the link so you know the size

http://www.masta-gamerz.com/forum/index.php [nofollow]?

Sorry but i need help ASAP!!

I registered, probably too late and couldnt see the shoutbox, but i think i can imagine what it was like. I noticed you were using a different theme which may be the problem, this code that follows has only been tested on the default "Core" theme so may not work on other themes:

Well to add the shoutbox to every page you need to insert this code into the index.template.php file instead of the BoardIndex.template.php file. Put this code above the line "// The main content should go here."

// Show ShoutBox In A Table
if (function_exists('smfshout'))
echo '
<br>
<table border="0" width="96%" align="center" class="tborder" cellspacing="' , ($context['browser']['is_ie'] || $context['browser']['is_opera6']) ? '1' : '0' , '" cellpadding="4" style="margin-bottom: 2ex;">
<tr>
<td class="catbg">ShoutBox</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="left">', smfshout(), '</td>
</tr>
</table>';

As for the size you set that in the admin panel under the shoutbox settings.

Hope that helps!

Andy

cinestar

Your mod title is "Ultimate Shoutbox" yet your mod description reads "This is your basic shoutbox."... well which is it? Is it the ultimate shoutbox or is it a basic one. If this is a basic one can someone point me to where i can get a better one? LOL

Suke

Sorry bout that Jester but How do i make it so you have the option to scroll though??
As in scroll up and down for say the last 10 posts ike you do with a normal page??

Fiery

Maybe Im just stupid or something, but what is the point of this mod... I must not be getting it???

Can anyone tell me something they would use it for, because I am lost. ???

Thanks

McNeo2

Quote from: pmp6nl on January 19, 2006, 10:18:37 PMMaybe Im just stupid or something, but what is the point of this mod

This is like mini chat.. meaningless, as all fun stuff are.

Col

Quote from: uchiha sasuke on January 18, 2006, 09:46:20 PM
Sorry bout that Jester but How do i make it so you have the option to scroll though??
As in scroll up and down for say the last 10 posts ike you do with a normal page??

Go to admin; options & settings; select Shoutbox; check the scroll box; save.

Col

Quote from: pmp6nl on January 19, 2006, 10:18:37 PM
Maybe Im just stupid or something, but what is the point of this mod... I must not be getting it???

Can anyone tell me something they would use it for, because I am lost. ???

Thanks

As McNeo said, just nonsense stuff. "Hellos"; "goodbyes"; smilies; PM me; I sent you a PM; Chat room; Messenger; "Admin, get your finger out you ass"; whatever. You might be surprised how nice and useful a feature this can be some kinds of forums.

Fiery

KleeOtr

Another question  :D

Is possible to have a link near 'Shoutbox Archive'  to the smiles list? like the one present when u start a new post, and have some smile in the popup, i hope u have understand what i have say  ;)

tL0z

Hello,

I'm trying to unistall the shoutbox to upgrade my forum version but it says:

Quote2: fopen(/home/nintendo/public_html/forum/Packages/installed.list): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/nintendo/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

Advertisement: