News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

My Package Server is now working...

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 10:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

de3jeh

now i cant even dowload it any more :-\ 

thanx -[Unknown]  ;)

Warning: copy(/home/internet/public_html/Sources/shout.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/internet/public_html/Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 491
Hello all i am here to help u all ;)

[Unknown]

/home/internet/public_html/Sources also, sorry...

-[Unknown]

Zippo

Quote from: Grudge on March 28, 2004, 02:35:24 PM
Zippo,

Is this before or after adding the smfshout function into the template? If it is before then maybe somehow Subs.php got messed up. Get a fresh Subs.php from the SMF package and manually add:

function smfshout() {

global $sourcedir;
include_once("$sourcedir/shout.php");
$shouts = shout_reader();
$shouts .= shout_form();
print $shouts;
}

It was BEFORE adding the shout function in the template so that was the problem possibly.  Adding a fresh subs.php did not solve the issue.  I am delteting the board and the tables and trying a fresh attempt after a fresh install, in the correct order.  I will let you know how it goes :)

LordSothVK

I had tried to install the visual warning mod, and I was getting an error saying that the source file security.php file was messed up. So I just went into my ftp and deleted the mod then I reinstall all my source files, that is when it started telling me I was using an illegal copy of smf, so I just reinstalled the templates again. I guess I should have read that the package manager isn't really ready for use before I tried to use it.

Grudge

Just an update. I've added a new MOD to the server:

"Redirection Boards"

This MOD allows you to specify a board to be used to redirect people. For example, you could haev a board which , when clicked, would take the user to a support page, or chat page or even yahoo etc.

The MOD should work fine with 4.1 but if you have any issues please post them. Uninstall is included in the package. There are actually three packages to this MOD:
1) Core - This installs the functionality to your boards, but doesn't affect the main templates.
2) Babylon theme extras - this removes the topics/posts columns from the board index for the Babylon (default) theme.
3) Classic theme extras - as above but for classic

The latter two are packaged seperatly as on heavily modified boards they may not work without editing - basically it gives you the freedom to choose how you want the MOD to work.

Please feedback any problems/suggestions/improvements - and if you use it and it does work please let me know - I appreciate knowing when things work :)

Cheers,
Grudge
I'm only a half geek really...

David

What would the theme extras be used for really?
This space for rent.

Grudge

You don't understand David. The "core" install just makes the changes to the manage boards and load files so that the redirection works in practice. However, there is no indication that the board is a redirection board until they click on it. The theme mods change boardindex.template.php in the respective theme directories to stretch a redirect boards name over all the columns, otherwise the posts/topics/last person to posts column are left blank.

The reason they are seperate is some people won't have both themes uploaded (especially classic), some may also have modified their template. At the moment if the package manager fails on something (because of modified theme for example) the whole thing fails. I've had to split it up so that people can still use it who don't have the "standard install".

Hopefully eventually I'll be able to make this one mod once we have ways of letting an action "fail" yet the mod install still continue.

David

This space for rent.

Oldiesmann

Hey Grudge... I've got a question about your server. I can access it just fine normally, but when I try to access it from lycos UK, it gives me a 404 error. The reason is that the functionality is different for boards with Safe Mode on. Instead of listing all the packages like it normally would, it takes you to the following URL:

{serverurl}/index.php?package-list&ref={yourboardurl}

So, when I try to browse your server from one of my Lycos UK test boards, it tries to send me to http://www.mymods.co.uk/Packages/index.php?package-list&ref=http://members.lycos.co.uk/theoldiesdude/SMF which results in a 404 error. Please fix this.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Grudge

Old', I've pointed Unknown to this thread in the hope that the wise one can help :D

[Unknown]

It does this because safe mode typically will not download files.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

Quote from: [Unknown] on April 10, 2004, 02:56:50 AM
It does this because safe mode typically will not download files.

-[Unknown]
So what do I need to do to make it work?

[Unknown]

Well, there's nothing you can do but make an index.php with a list of files or something.  And instructions to download them and upload them to Packages.

-[Unknown]

Springer

I can only get the shoutbox to scroll from right to left.  I have check'd on the the attributes and think everything is 777.

Any suggestions on what to check?

(I have deleted it, and installed again from package manager)

Grudge

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. I'll try to look at it this weekend

Grudge

Springer,

Is there any way you could set it up to scroll from right to left and view the source code and then email/PM it to me. That way I can see if it's generating the HTML incorrectly or not.

On another note - all the MOD's on my package server have now been updated to work with beta 5.0.

Grudge

Oldiesmann

Just installed the redirection boards mod and both of the theme-specific add-ons... When I checked the box marked "make this board a redirection board", this appeared in the box where you type the URL:

<br /><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index:  redirect in <b>/.../Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php</b> on line <b>342</b>

Sounds like a simple fix... What should I do?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Grudge

OK.

I've updated the package with the fix so you can do one of two options:
a) Uninstall your MOD - download the MOD AGAIN and reinstall it
b) Open Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php and search for:

name="redirect"

and replace the whole of that line with:

<input type="text" name="redirect" value="', empty($context['board']['redirect']) ? '' : $context['board']['redirect'], '" size="50"/>

That should fix it - sorry about that! :)

Oldiesmann

Works great! Might be nice to show the number of clicks where it usually shows the number of posts. Not sure how easy that would be, but it would be a nice addition if you have time.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Springer

Terribly sorry for being so late with a post.  I somehow missed your post Grudge.

I uninstalled the mod and reinstalled it.  Something happened to the subs.php in Sources, I'll pm you the error just incase it might be of use.

I uploaded a copy of that file from my backup and everything works fine now.

Thank You

Advertisement: