News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

My Package Server is now working...

Started by Grudge, March 28, 2004, 10:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Springer

:(

I was trying to see what I could do about getting nuke and smf working better together and ended up have'n to dump everything.  Luckily I made a backup earlier.  However I didn't have shoutbox on it.  I've tried to install it but I get this where it asks you to proceed.

Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Extract File ./Sources/shout.php 
2. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/deleteshout.gif 
3. Execute Code shoutPdb.php 
4. Execute Modification index.php Success
5. Execute Modification Sources/Subs.php Success
6. Execute Modification Sources/ModSettings.php Success
7. Execute Modification themes/default/languages/index.english.php File not found
8. Execute Modification Sources/ModSettings.php Failure
9. Execute Modification SSI.php Success
10. Execute Modification ssi_examples.php Success
11. Execute Modification ssi_examples.shtml Success

If I hit proceed shoutbox doesn't work properly.

[Unknown]

Incorrect case... use $themedir and etc.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

I'll try fix this but it won't be until the weekend - only have server access then :(
I'm only a half geek really...

Grudge

Hey again,

I've now been able to update ALL the packages on my package server to be compatible with Beta 5 Public. Due to some changes in Beta 5 Public almost all my MOD's had to be changed so ensure you download the new versions off the server. Please let me know of any bugs - also let me know if anything works perfectly :D

Grudge

Springer

Installed it on beta5 and works perfectly.

A question about the shotbox archive.  How can I get it to appear as a board?  Or even child board.  I want it somewhere so the archive is easy to see on the forum.  Maybe around the info center.  (actual shoutbox is on main site)

Babs

Hey Grudge!!  ;D

Please don't hold a grudge when you read this!!

Warning: fopen(/home/soakint/public_html/forum/Packages/shout.tar.gz): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/soakint/public_html/forum/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 357
Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/soakint/public_html/forum/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 362
Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/soakint/public_html/forum/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 362
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/soakint/public_html/forum/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 364
Notice: Undefined index: filename in /home/soakint/public_html/forum/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 381

uhm.... now what? it's downloaded but when I click proceed that's what I get...  :'(

Grudge

Springer: I know the archive of the shoutbox needs some work. Getting it to appear as a board may be tricky. Hopefully I'll get it to paginate at some point but I really haven't had much time to add to it.  Once I finish a long course at work maybe I'll be able to do something.

Babs: It seems that it's having trouble getting the file. Could you please use an ftp manager to check whether in your Packages directory the file shout.tar.gz is DEFINETLY there! If it is can you ensure that the Packages/Sources and Themes directories are definetly chmod'd to 777. If the error message remains there must be a problem with the package manager working properly on your server. If so PM me and I'll send you a zip file so you can do it manually...

Babs

Ok. I downloaded 3 things from your server

1. shoutbox
2. folder icons
3. post warnings

and then I looked in the packages directory and it's not there.  >:(

however, in the package manager it shows that its there. I had Packages chmodded but not sources...so I just did that. No, it's not working. My server is with Jason @ Charlottezweb so I believe he's runnin on Apache.

[Unknown]

Babs

It's getting annoying because I chmod it to 777 then it reverts back to 755!!  >:(

Grudge

Babs.

Go to:
http://www.mymods.co.uk/Packages/shout.tar.gz

save it, upload it to your Packages directory and then try it :)

Grudge

Hyperflo

Hi, I downloaded this with the package manager, but it did not work and I could not chmod it, so I downloaded it directly from your link, chmoded it 777, I used the package manager to install it, but I get this error?

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''ID_SHOUT')' at line 5

File: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/mcforums/Packages/temp/shoutPdb.php
Line: 66

What does this mean?

Grudge

Ummm... something wrong with the SQL which is odd... I'm not back home till tonight/tomorrow but I'll try have a look at it then.

Hyperflo

I shall be waiting patiently.  This shoutbox would be extremely useful for my site.

Grudge

Ummm... I don't really know what the problem was but I've uploaded a slightly modified package - try it again now!

To be honest - you can probably ignore that error - it should work anyway (once you've added the function call to your template).

Grudge

Hyperflo

Ok, I ahem, feel stupid, now, buthow do I add the call function to my template?  I will try to fit it under the news fader. or below the information center.  Probably the latter.

Grudge

OK. I can only tell you how to add it - you'll most likely need to stick some HTML around it to make it look good in YOUR site. Basically, in index.template.php (your main template) call this function:

smfshout();

If you don't know PHP try one of these two. Add it as either:

' . smfshout() . '

OR

smfshout();

Basically, if the first one gives you an error use the second one in the same place. It does say this in the instructions somewhere I'm sure!

Cheers
Grudge

Grudge

Just a message to say that I've added a few more mods to the server - notible the Buddy List (beta!)

More importantly I've updated the first message on this thread with slightly better instructions on how to use the package manager AND disclaimered many times about the fact that it's still in development so may plain not work for everyone ;)

Ben_S

* Ben_S resists the urge to install the warning levels one.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

FaSan

I want to install manually.  How I must modify the DB File Modification to make to work it?

Advertisement: