Feature Request: Gender-specific User groups / Ranks

Started by PrivatePanic, April 23, 2004, 07:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrivatePanic

What I'd like to see is the possibility to have different names for the user groups depending of the gender of the user.

That way, Ranks could be gender-specific!

If anyone could do that, I'd appreciate!

So far...

PP

Grudge

Well - I can't imagine this being built in but it would be an easy MOD to make. If I get some time I may make it up I guess!
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

I was playing with this getting built in, but I think there were some issues... which name do you use for non gendered members?  Or do you have three?

Seems more like a mod to me now.

-[Unknown]

Grudge

Well - that's a good point there Unknown. We would be considered Sexist were we to choose one or the other to be for "neutrals". I'd probably make the member group screen something like this:
Member Group Title: [TEXTBOX]
Enable Gender Specific Titles: [CHECKBOX]
Male Title: [TEXTBOX]
Female Title: [TEXTBOX]

With the second boxes being visible whenever the checkbox is checked. If it is checked then the first member group title becomes the "neutral" title. I may work this as a MOD today and then if people like it it can be considered for addition but I think MOD is the way forward.

Grudge

This MOD can now be found on my package server. It will probably only work with Beta 5.0 but I'd like to know what you think of it.

Grudge

PrivatePanic

Grudge

If you can't get the package to work if you wait for the next beta (coming shortly) it should work fine. I just didn't want to make it for both the old beta and the new one!

[Unknown]

Well, that's part of what the package manager has been built to handle, and what the for attributes are for.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: