News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Some more bugs

Started by Oldiesmann, March 28, 2004, 08:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I encountered a few bugs while trying to add a poll to a topic I posted back in December.

First, a post-related bug:

After posting a reply to this topic to uh... "bump" it up a bit, I tried to add a poll to it, and got an error message telling me even though it was a reply to my topic, I couldn't edit it (even though I was the one who posted that reply...). It looks like it won't let you add a poll unless you're either viewing the first thread in the post or you're allowed to edit replies to your post. This should be changed so that it automatically assumes you're trying to add a poll to the first post in the thread (how do you add a poll to a reply?).

I also have a couple of Attachment-related bugs for you:

After getting the afore-mentioned error message, I went back to the first page of my post to add a poll. This thread had an attachment on it, but when I tried to save the post, I got a message saying that I couldn't post attachments there (apparently the permissions have changed since I posted that topic). So, I clicked on "Additional Options" and unchecked the box next to that attachment, and modified the post to show that attached image as an embedded image instead. Unfortunately, I still got that error. So, here's my explanation:

It appears that if you modify a post with an attachment, it tries to "re-attach" that file when you save the post. The thing that annoys me is, it's checking to see if there are any attachments even though I can't post attachments there (how could I attach a file if I can't post attachments?). This is quite annoying. If there was already a file attached to that thread, it should stay attached unless the user wants to delete it. It should only check for new attachments if we're allowed to attach stuff.

It also looks like the option to "un-attach" the attachment isn't working because I un-checked the box like it said, and still got a message saying I couldn't post attachments. Therefore, I was unable to add a poll to that thread. HELP!
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

! You couldn't edit a post with attachments if you couldn't post attachments.
* Adding polls and linking to the calendar used the first message on the page, not in the topic.

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

So... Does that mean it's fixed in the next version or the current version?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

David

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 28, 2004, 09:32:12 PM
So... Does that mean it's fixed in the next version or the current version?
Next, that means it is fixed in the CVS.
This space for rent.

Oldiesmann

That's what I thought, but decided to ask anyway.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: