News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Get To Know The Team: Aaron

Started by Aaron, April 28, 2006, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4LP3RUZ1

Who do you hate more? Your sister or your other sister :D :P
Frozen frogs are back :(

Prasad007

Aaron

Quote from: alperuzi on May 07, 2006, 03:23:29 PM
Who do you hate more? Your sister or your other sister :D :P

The youngest of the two. :P ;)

Quote from: Prasad007 on May 07, 2006, 03:25:35 PM
whats better?
this or that ?

Depends on what it's referring to. ;)

Prasad007

Quote from: Aäron on May 07, 2006, 03:29:13 PM

Quote from: Prasad007 on May 07, 2006, 03:25:35 PM
whats better?
this or that ?

Depends on what it's referring to. ;)
im referring to either this or that :P

Aaron

Quote from: Prasad007 on May 07, 2006, 03:44:46 PM
im referring to either this or that :P

I know... And I meant that I like either this or that depending on the context. ;)

Prasad007

okay lol :P i was intentionally messing around :P ;)

motumbo

I'm really surprised at some of the young ages of the SMF staff around here.  I wonder how much different my life would be if the internet had come out when I was a little kid instead of a college student.

You kids are kind of lucky today that there are fast computers, a plethora of learning resources, and several free or inexpensive programming tools and languages.  It wasn't like that 10 years ago.  Things were much more expensive and harder to come by.  Now, half the code is written for you and all you've got to do is piece together a bunch of existing objects or functions.  I'll bet many of you have never had to deal with DOS.  Oh what a hassle that was. 

When I was 17 all we'd do is drink beer and smoke pot.  Computers weren't widely available as they are today.  You youth are lucky to be able to have a hobby that is interesting and adds a marketable skill. 

Leipe Po

Quote from: Prasad007 on May 08, 2006, 05:26:19 PM
Quote from: motumbo on May 08, 2006, 02:49:11 PM
I'm really surprised at some of the young ages of the SMF staff around here.  I wonder how much different my life would be if the internet had come out when I was a little kid instead of a college student.

You kids are kind of lucky today that there are fast computers, a plethora of learning resources, and several free or inexpensive programming tools and languages.  It wasn't like that 10 years ago.  Things were much more expensive and harder to come by.  Now, half the code is written for you and all you've got to do is piece together a bunch of existing objects or functions.  I'll bet many of you have never had to deal with DOS.  Oh what a hassle that was. 

When I was 17 all we'd do is drink beer and smoke pot.  Computers weren't widely available as they are today.  You youth are lucky to be able to have a hobby that is interesting and adds a marketable skill. 

well said :)
not too keen on the pot though :P

well my parents potty trained me!!!!
There is only one thing more importend to me then coding:
My Girlfriend

Microsoft - "You've got questions.  We've got dancing paperclips."

Aaron

The data in the first post was kind of outdated, so I updated it. I'm still open to questions, by the way. ;)

shadow82x

What made you want to start developing for SMF? :P
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Gary

Naggings from Compuart probably. ;)

Anyway Aaron, what's your favourite episode of The Simpsons? :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Aaron

Quote from: shadow82x on September 24, 2008, 03:06:41 PM
What made you want to start developing for SMF? :P

I got very excited when Compuart unraveled his plans for SMF, and since I'm always looking for challenges, I was very eager to help. :D

Quote from: Gazmanafc on September 24, 2008, 04:46:38 PM
Anyway Aaron, what's your favourite episode of The Simpsons? :P

Well, aside from the occasional scene, I haven't really seen much of The Simpsons, let alone remember an episode title. I guess it's just not my tv-genre. :)

Gary

Heh, I don't expect anyone to know episode names, I can get them all from "that episode where..." :P

Okay, how about Doctor Who? (I don't watch it, but heck, that doesn't stop me asking :P)

And since you're in the same country, did/do you and Compuart meet up for a drink and discuss stuff? ;)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Aaron

Quote from: Gazmanafc on September 25, 2008, 11:41:10 AM
Okay, how about Doctor Who? (I don't watch it, but heck, that doesn't stop me asking :P)

Of the revived series, that'd be 'Blink' by Steven Moffat. I've also watched about five series of the 'classic series', and of those I liked 'City of Death' by Douglas Adams best. :)

Quote from: Gazmanafc on September 25, 2008, 11:41:10 AM
And since you're in the same country, did/do you and Compuart meet up for a drink and discuss stuff? ;)

Oh, you bet we did. :D

Fustrate

If you could visit one state in the USA, which one would you go to?

In what (new) direction would you like to see SMF go in the next few years?
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Aaron

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on September 27, 2008, 04:32:45 PM

Erm, I still haven't seen New York yet, so that'd be the state of New York, then. :)

In what (new) direction would you like to see SMF go in the next few years?

Nice one. As a developer, I'd like to see the code become more modular, i.e. separate model, view and controller better. As an end user, I'd like to see the features currently implemented become better, for example by having more AJAX where appropriate. :)

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: motumbo on May 08, 2006, 02:49:11 PM

10 years ago I was starting to work on programming. The tools were available and in 1998, I am pretty sure computers were pretty well available. Perl and C were widely available and the tools to use them were as well. The internet was slow, but I could still connect. Remember it is 2008, not 1998.

Quote from: Aäron on September 28, 2008, 05:06:01 PM

Erm, I still haven't seen New York yet, so that'd be the state of New York, then. :)
Forget about the whole state. Upstate really doesn't have much that you won't see in any other part of the country. Jack can tell you. NYC is where you want to see and "seeing" that city is seeing more than most states have.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Deaks

aaron are you sad you werent on team for MOTM?

But I agree compu is a great guy and he helped me alot when I met him
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Dragooon

What all computer languages do you know?
With what language did you begin programming?
If you were given a choice between PHP, RoR, ASP .NET, ASP Classic, Perl, Python and flash for web development, what'd you choose?

Fustrate

If you got married and (your wife, to be politically correct) had three children, what would the second one's name be? Assume it's a boy.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Advertisement: