News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Some issues after upgrade to 1.1RC2 - Quick Edit and Preview don't work

Started by Anakin_holland, April 30, 2006, 05:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anakin_holland

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Hello all!

Last friday we moved and upgraded our 1.0.5 forum from one server to another, we're now on a dedicated server.

What we did on the new server was:

- Install 1.0.7;
- Import database from running 1.0.5 server;
- Upgrade to 1.1RC2;
- Alter some php and add mods.

The board is running nice and fast, without any errors in the forum log! However, at the moment we do have some issues (not really harming functionality), like "Quick Edit" and "Preview" that don't work. Quick Edit just doesn't do anything, and when I press the Preview-button, it gets stuck at "Fetching preview"...

On the server we are running the following packages:

Apache Version: 2.0.54
MySQL Version: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge2-log
PHP Version: 4.3.10-16

Installed mods:

Mod Name     Version     
2.    BBC edit tag    1.0
5.    Googlebot & Spiders Mod    1.0.5
6.    GeSHiSmf    0.0.7
7.    Sticky First Post (extends sticky topic)    1.2.1
8.    Unreplied Questions    0.2
9.    Board Notes    1.0.4
10.    Board Viewers    0.6
11.    CAPTCHA (code verification)    0.1
12.    Create Topic on Report to Moderator    0.2
13.    Membergroup Color Legend    1.1
14.    PaypalDonations    1.6
16.    MessagePreviewOnHover    1.0
17.    Enhanced Quick Reply    TBA
18.    Search Topic    1.0

I left out the multiple lines "SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update".

Both Apache/PHP and MySQL have met the Recommended system requirements, except the 'friendly URL' (don't know how to implement the AcceptPathInfo) and Spell Check (PHP needs recompiling with the libs).

Also, since we'd like to start out in a good way, maybe someone can check the Phpinfo and MySQL info for us, and maybe hand out some pointers?

the URL: http://forum.db-sat.eu/index.php

Test-accounts are available. Just leave a message and I'll PM ya.

TIA!!

Anakin

P.S. just noticed something in the [More Stats] page. When I click on a moth to see its stats, I need to refresh the page for it to open. Closing it works just fine? Same goes for clicking "Split topic" at a topics first post. You get a new screen to select the post(s) you want to split. After clicking on an arrow or "reset selection", I need to press F5 to be able to see the changes?

Update: Uninstalled "17.    Enhanced Quick Reply    TBA" but that didn't do it..

Oldiesmann

Sounds like something's messing up the Javascript. Does your browser report any javascript errors when you try some of those functions?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Anakin_holland

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 30, 2006, 03:37:56 PM
Sounds like something's messing up the Javascript. Does your browser report any javascript errors when you try some of those functions?

Not in FF, but it does in IE:

Preview

Quick Edit

I did some searching on .js files in the board-software, and I think problem lies within "xml_topic.js" ? Not in way that the .js is faulty, but it's being fead with wrong values. Which script is used for "Preview"  and "Quick edit"? Post.php?

TIA,

Anakin

Anakin_holland

Hmz, this is getting worse and worse. [ list][ /list] doesn't work either...

When you post

[list][*]test 1[/list]

[list][*]test 1
[list][*]test 1[/list][/list]

[list][*]test 1
[list][*]test 1[/list]
[*]test 1[/list]

You should get

• test 1
  • test 1
      <Tab>test 1

• test 1
        <Tab>test 1
      • test 1
      :(

This fails on both my own forum, as it does here? Could be I've missed something, sorry 'bout that!

Also,

ALL "returns" are  removed after the last [ /list].

Oldiesmann

Nesting lists doesn't work too well with the old [*] tag. Instead, you should use [li]...[/li], and when you want to nest a list, the opening list tag should come before the closing li tag:

• Test 1

• Test 1
    • Test 1

• Test 1
    • Test 1
  • Test 1

I'm not sure what's causing the javascript errors. Let me register on your board and see what I can come up with.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Oldiesmann

Ok... In Firefox I'm getting this error:

Error: XMLDoc.getElementsByTagName("message")[0] has no properties
Source File: http://forum.db-sat.eu/Themes/default/xml_topic.js
Line: 54

I get a similar message when I try to quote my post.

Make sure that Themes/default/Xml.template.php got uploaded properly as that's the template that handles all that stuff.

Also, I noticed you've got a bunch of additional code after the </html> tag. That should go before </body> or your page won't be valid XHTML and it might cause problems in some browsers.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Anakin_holland

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 01, 2006, 04:00:16 PM
Nesting lists doesn't work too well with the old [*] tag. Instead, you should use [li]...[/li], and when you want to nest a list, the opening list tag should come before the closing li tag:

• Test 1

• Test 1
    • Test 1

• Test 1
    • Test 1
  • Test 1

I'm not sure what's causing the javascript errors. Let me register on your board and see what I can come up with.

Ok, so we've got the listing covered. It's gonna take me some time though, to get used to the new [list][/list]... ;)

Thank you for taking your time evaluate!! Will move the code to withing </body> later this evenig. I thought I had done so initialy, guess I failed to notice...

BTW, how did you get FF to display the error? I run 1.5 Beta 2 I didn't get any?

Anakin

Anakin_holland

Quote from: Anakin_holland on May 02, 2006, 09:21:04 AM
Ok, so we've got the listing covered. It's gonna take me some time though, to get used to the new [list][/list]... ;)

Thank you for taking your time evaluate!! Will move the code to withing </body> later this evenig. I thought I had done so initialy, guess I failed to notice...

BTW, how did you get FF to display the error? I run 1.5 Beta 2 I didn't get any?

Anakin

Hmz, maybe I spoke to soon... :( When I use [list][li][/li][/list] in combination with [code][/code] it scrambles the lay-out and breaks out of the [list] after first usage. [quote][/quote] works just fine.

Tested this at my default theme, and Yabb SE classic.

There are no errors in the forum-log. Geshi-Mod could be the cause? I'll test it here:

I'll try these:

Quote[list][li]This is a test
[quote]Hello everyone[/quote][/li][/list]

• This is a test
    QuoteHello everyone

Just code

[list][li]This is a test
[/list][code]Hello everyone[/code][list][/li][/list]

• This is a test
Hello everyone
    [/li]

Just quote

[list][li]This is a test
[quote]Hello everyone[/quote][/li][/list]

• This is a test
    QuoteHello everyone

Just code

[list][li]This is a test[/li][/list]
[code]Hello everyone[/code][list][/li][/list]

• This is a test
Hello everyone
    [/li]

You see, it breaks at the first [code], and pust a [/li][/list] in front of it....

Greetz!

Anakin

Anakin_holland

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 01, 2006, 04:32:37 PM
Ok... In Firefox I'm getting this error:

Error: XMLDoc.getElementsByTagName("message")[0] has no properties
Source File: http://forum.db-sat.eu/Themes/default/xml_topic.js
Line: 54

I get a similar message when I try to quote my post.

Make sure that Themes/default/Xml.template.php got uploaded properly as that's the template that handles all that stuff.

Also, I noticed you've got a bunch of additional code after the </html> tag. That should go before </body> or your page won't be valid XHTML and it might cause problems in some browsers.
Wow, this is just great!! :D Both Preview and Quick Edit work once again!! :D Also, opening a month in "More stats" works like a charm!

I placed the hit-counter in the wrong file (index.php instead of index.template.php - SILLY ME!!).

So, at this point in time, only the following still stands:

Quote from: Anakin_holland on April 30, 2006, 05:25:31 AM
Also, since we'd like to start out in a good way, maybe someone can check the Phpinfo and MySQL info for us, and maybe hand out some pointers?

the URL: http://forum.db-sat.eu/index.php

Test-accounts are available. Just leave a message and I'll PM ya.

puddingsucks

Okay...am using SMF 1.1 RC3 and the SMFOne theme, and clicking the Quick Edit button, doing an edit, then clicking Save doesn't do anything.  I'm using the latest version of Safari on Mac OS X.

I've got the Debug menu enabled, so I opened up the Javascript console...and here's the error it gives when I click the button:

Undefined value
http://<my server>/forums/Themes/default/xml_topic.js

The URL is correct...I'm just using a test server right now, so I don't want to publish the whole thing.  I double checked, and the xml_topic.js file is there.  I even recopied the whole default theme from the full SMF 1.1 RC3 install, and double checked permissions.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks for the help!! :D

Advertisement: