News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

new member group and existing boards

Started by finnhack, March 30, 2004, 06:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnhack

Hi!

This is kind of strange. After upgrading from YSE to SMF I have added two new membergroups. One based on posts and one which wasn't based on posts. Both times the new group for some reason got access to a "closed" board (a board for only a certain membergroup). Why the new group got the access to the closed board is quite nonunderstandable for me. The two new groups did not get access to the same board, it rather felt like a random choise.

Anyone run into something like this?

--finnhack

[Unknown]

AHA!  THIS WAS WHAT I PUT IN THE STUPID TODO LIST.

Sorry, I've had an entry in the todo list for like 5 weeks I couldn't for the life of me remember what was for.  THIS WAS IT.

Basically, you created a group - gave it access - deleted the group - and then created a new one.

The problem here is that the access from the old group is given to the new.

-[Unknown]

finnhack

OK! This makes sense! Thanks to the new and more flexible group management I was able to delete 4-5 membergroups that had become unnecessary after upgrading to SMF. This explains why it seemed like the access was given randomly to the new group. This is really nice to know, because it made me feel quite unsecure when I noticed that I somehow had given accessrights to a very very secret board to about 100 members  ;)

[Unknown]

I will make sure it's fixed in the next release, don't worry.  I knew it was important, but I had just typed "b.memberGroups" and forgotten the rest, heh.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: