Font and Forum Width Problems - Mambo/SMF Bridge

Started by nickbirse, May 01, 2006, 09:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickbirse

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC2
Hi folks,

I'm using Mambo with SMF 1.1 RC2 as the forum, all the stuff works fine, except for the really annoying and confusing problem whereby the forum, when viewed direct at it's own URL has one font size, and when viewed through Mambo, it has a totally different font size.

Also really annoying is the fact the forum width is a little screwed up with all the templates except the YaBB Classic one, and no matter what I do to either Mambo or SMF, I can't get any of the other forums to fit between the left menu and the right hand column.

URLs' - hxxp:www.popsi.co.uk/talk [nonactive] for the forum on it's own and hxxp:www.popsi.co.uk/node [nonactive] (and click Forum to view the forum within Mambo)

Any help would really be appreciated.

Kindred

1- have you read any of the sticky posts in the mambo/joomla bridge discussion area?
2- have you done a search?

This has been discussed probably over 50 times now...   

the SMF and joomla CSS files have certain overlaps that "conflict"
if you are using a set of themes that are not specifically designed for a wrapped smf/joomla board, then you will have these sort of issues. The solution is either: a) use a different theme (possibly one intended to be wrapped) or b) modify & merge your theme's CSS files to eliminate/merge the overlaps.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

copter

I have the same problem, but gave up and installed tiny portal instead and decided to keep joomla seperate but matched the theme colours.

The font size issue is mentioned in the read me file i think something about xhtml?

Advertisement: