Classic Template - clock not showing unless your the owner

Started by madfiddler, March 30, 2004, 06:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfiddler

For some reason, the clock will not show for any member other than the owner/administrator i.e. me.

I've run a test newbie, and a test global moderator, and NO clock in the top section of the forum.

www.fiddleforum.com/smftest2

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.

[Unknown]

It looks like you've probably changed some of the code.

Can you paste the area around the string "current_time" in index.template.php?

-[Unknown]

madfiddler

I have it showing twice for me, just in case one shows and one doesn't for others

1)
// If the user is logged in, display stuff like their name, new messages, etc.
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{
echo '
', $txt[247], ' <b>', $context['user']['name'], '</b>', $context['allow_pm'] ? ',<br />' . $txt[152] . ' <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=pm">' . $context['user']['messages'] . ' ' . ($context['user']['messages'] != 1 ? $txt[153] : $txt[471]) . '</a>' . $txt['newmessages4'] . ' ' . $context['user']['unread_messages'] . ' ' . ($context['user']['unread_messages'] == 1 ? $txt['newmessages0'] : $txt['newmessages1']) : '', '.';

echo '<br />
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a><br />
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a><br /><br />
', $context['current_time'];

// Are there any members waiting for approval?

2)
// Otherwise they're a guest - so politely ask them to register or login.
else
echo '
', $txt[248], ' <b>', $txt[28], '</b>. ', $txt[249], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=login">', $txt[34], '</a> ', $txt[377], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register">', $txt[97], '</a>.';

echo '
<br />', $context['current_time'], '
</td>
</tr>
<tr class="windowbg2">
<td colspan="2" valign="middle" align="center" class="tborder" style="border-width: 1px 0 0 0; font-size: smaller;">';

// Show the menu here, according to the menu sub template.

madfiddler

grrrr... I know the problem.

OK, in features and options you've got the Default Time Format.

When I originally set this, nothing happened for me, so I left it blank.

I've just done a test, and if I edit it, my members will see the date/time format I want them to see. However, for me, admin, it makes no difference.

Little bug there then :)

Cheers,

Mark.

madfiddler

Yup, just to confirm. You MUST set the Default time setting for members to see the clock.

However, the admin sees the clock no matter what, and this clock does not comply to the the default time setting set up,

Mark.

[Unknown]

This is because you have one set in your profile, and they don't - so for them it uses the default.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: