News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Default posting color

Started by PlayGroundFor.us, March 31, 2004, 01:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayGroundFor.us

Ok, this probably has been asked for before, but I couldn't find it. Some of my users (on one of my sites) have asked to be able to select a text color by default for all of their posts. I would like to see as option in the profile for them to select this option. Either a mod or as feature in SMF would be great. I don't have the skills to code this myself (yet).

Ben_S

What about boards with more than one theme, what may look ok on one theme may be unreadable on another, and if you redesign your site at some stage and change the background colour, the old posts may not be readable.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

PlayGroundFor.us

Quote from: Ben_S on March 31, 2004, 02:09:26 PM
What about boards with more than one theme, what may look ok on one theme may be unreadable on another, and if you redesign your site at some stage and change the background colour, the old posts may not be readable.

I would hope that it would be an selectable option, but I must admit I hadn't thought about that part of it.

[Unknown]

Could be a theme-per-theme option...

-[Unknown]

PlayGroundFor.us

[Unknown]

Well, if you read my tutorial on how to create custom profile fields, that will show you how to do the basics of it.

Then all you have to do is something like this in the postbox sub template under the Post template, find:
if ($context['show_bbc'])

Add just above that:
if ($message == '')
   $message = '[color=' . $options['post_default_color'] . ']<br /><br />[/color]';

This way, even if you upgraded, it would keep working - as long as you make things changes to a new theme - not default.

-[Unknown]

PlayGroundFor.us

Thank you for your help and I will read the tutorial.

Advertisement: