Potential bug after creating new member group

Started by Douglas, April 01, 2004, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
ORDER BY m.ID_MSG DESC
LIMIT 0, 10' at line 13
File: /home/fracture/public_html/frugalfriends/forums/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 149

She wasn't having any problems prior to me creating a new member group for her (This woman has over 7600 posts, after all, lol).  She can't do anything, can't see forums, all she can do is look at PMs...

When I created this group, I gave her the same permissions as the highest group, I believe this deals with board permissions, and will check it out.  If this is the case, then permissions are still wonky.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Douglas

Okay, this is a bug, dealing with Board Permissions.  When you create a new member group, using the settings of another existing member group, it'll create the member group with the same permissions, HOWEVER, it will not update the Board Permissions.  I just spent the last 20 minutes modifying board settings to allow this new group in for viewing rights and permissions.
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)

[Unknown]

I already fixed the database error a few days ago.

-[Unknown]

Douglas

Ahh, okay.  I did a search with zero results, widened it up, zero results, and opened it up to just the error line, with none of the results I expected.

At least it's now documented.  Thanks, Brackets!
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

Advertisement: