News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New smilies don't show up?

Started by vixx, March 15, 2004, 07:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vixx

Hi!

I added few smilies to default smilies set, but they aren't showing along with default smilies. Ofcourse, I saved changes and I can see them at Smileys and Smiley Sets administration, but they are just not showing up when writing posts. Am I doing something wrong? (well, I know I probably am, but not sure what exactly..  ;D )
stufftastic - [nofollow]

[Unknown]

Make sure you have checked "use these smileys."

-[Unknown]

mtxpert

OK I searched for awhile but I can't find an answer to this one.
I've pasted my old smilies (gif files) into the Default and Classic smiley sets but they're not showing up in administration.
How can I see these additional smilies?

Mike

[Unknown]

You have to actually add them in the interface, it doesn't like grep the folder.

-[Unknown]

BigMike

Hey Unknown, my smiley set is all screwed up.. I search and could only find this post regarding a bug report and smileys.

At first everything was dandy. I've started a new set and made it the default set. Then I began adding my smileys from my old layout on YaBBSE (which was specifically orderd) one at a time. After I finished the first row and started on the second, things started getting all goofy. As I move the new smileys down to the second row, smileys in the first row that have already been set get magically rearranged one at a time within the row. I got frustrated but chose to ignore it and just finish getting the other smileys installed and then I would come back and reorder the rows.

Then while starting the 3rd row, the entire order fliped horizontally. My first row is now my third row and vice versa. Now when I add a new smiley, the new smiley appears on the third row, and when I select to move it down, it moves up into the 2nd row. If I select move down again it will move it up into the first, and then finally select move down a third time and then it gets bumped all the way down to the 4th row. So I gave up with adding more smileys and just decided to use what I had but reorder them in each row. But now moving right and left only works half the time to about half of the smileys in each row. Some smileys wont even respond to move right or move left. Only move up and move down...

So to sum it up, when I click move down, they move up to the very top row, and then after that they move all the way down 4 rows to the bottom.

Also, as the one smiley is moving around up or down, the other smileys in their respective rows change position relative to their row. Also when I go to move them back (either move right or move left) they refuse to move at all. All the rest will move right or left but not those that get moved out of place by themselves as I am moving others up or down.

If you want admin access to my site please pm or email me so you can check out the chaos first hand.

http://board.marlincrawler.com

Thanks always for your time Unknown
BigMike

BigMike

Unknown,

I was just in my smiley section again adding a couple more smileys... You know my board (past yabbse) uses 5 rows of smileys, hang on.....   ......ok 74 smileys (!!!!) total. My members love them and they use them religiously - they are a great collection.

So adding one at a time is ok of course, BUT, moving the one new smiley 'move down' 5 times, and then 'move right' about 10 times that turns into 15 or more page reloads. Probably DSL/Cable users dont even notice it, but that takes about 10 secs for my 56k each time plus the time for me to type in the fields, maybe 5 secs so which = 20s * 74 = almost 25 minutes and about 15 mouse clicks over and over again.. So I in that case I would much rather manually add the smileys in the html myself... Well I found the values / row / position in my database so I tried to add a smiley in the table and it didnt come up -- so im sure its a whole hell of alot more complicated then that so I just gave up with that idea (this of course was after the errors noted in my previous post, ie. I didnt mess it up. I put the values back to how they were in the database).

SOOO!! Cutting to the chase: Could you please add a new feature?
I would like to have an input box just to the right of, oh say, the 'Remove' button so that I could enter a # like, '5'. Then all I would have to do is click 'Move Down' one time and it will move down * that number in the box. Then I could position all of my new smileys with just two mouse clicks as apposed to 10-15 depending on how wide my row is.

So what do ya think? I think this would be a nice touch to the Edit Smileys section 8)

Regards,
BigMike

BigMike

Here you go, something like this:

Then I could enter a number there that would multiply every action by * (except for remove of course)

It would make things a whole lot eaiser and painless for those who use a rather large smiley collection...

BigMike

[Unknown]

The smiley set management interface is not done.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: