News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Potential bug after creating new member group

Started by Douglas, April 01, 2004, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
ORDER BY m.ID_MSG DESC
LIMIT 0, 10' at line 13
File: /home/fracture/public_html/frugalfriends/forums/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 149

She wasn't having any problems prior to me creating a new member group for her (This woman has over 7600 posts, after all, lol).  She can't do anything, can't see forums, all she can do is look at PMs...

When I created this group, I gave her the same permissions as the highest group, I believe this deals with board permissions, and will check it out.  If this is the case, then permissions are still wonky.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Douglas

Okay, this is a bug, dealing with Board Permissions.  When you create a new member group, using the settings of another existing member group, it'll create the member group with the same permissions, HOWEVER, it will not update the Board Permissions.  I just spent the last 20 minutes modifying board settings to allow this new group in for viewing rights and permissions.
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)

[Unknown]

I already fixed the database error a few days ago.

-[Unknown]

Douglas

Ahh, okay.  I did a search with zero results, widened it up, zero results, and opened it up to just the error line, with none of the results I expected.

At least it's now documented.  Thanks, Brackets!
Doug Hazard
* CFB Historian

Advertisement: