Re: PLEASE HELP MY BOARD HAS COMPLETELY GONE!

Started by elrobino, May 11, 2006, 12:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elrobino

Hello folks,

My site and forum worked great, but as soon as I installed the bridge I got the "Connection Problems.  Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. . . " error message when I went to my site at hxxp:friendsofbelize.org [nonactive] -- not only my board, but my whole site is unaccessable!

I used the repair settings script, to no avail.

I reckon it's something in the MySQL settings -- I created a database after I kept getting error messages that "smf_" was an incorrect prefix during the bridge install process.  Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)
PHP version 4.4.1
MySQL version 4.1.14-standard-log

mambo 4.5.3h Stable
smf 1.1 rc2
bridge com_mambo_smf_forum1[1].3.1.3
CB RC2

Kindred

1- don't hijack an OLD and solved thread with a completely separate issue.
2- this question belongs in the board dedicated to support of the bridge...  (and I have moved it here)

As for your question... you will get support for the mambohacks/joomlahacks bridge over on joomlahacks.com
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

elrobino

it was the same error message that the thread was dedicated to, hence it seemed the most relevant place to post.  and since i tried both suggested fixes with no luck, it didn't seem like the problem had been solved at all.

i'll go check with joomlahacks, per your suggestion.

Advertisement: