News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Add a multiple members to a group?

Started by destalk, May 29, 2005, 10:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

destalk

I would like for it to be easier to add a whole series of members to a custom group.

For example. I am setting up a new forum. On this forum I would be keen to have two or three different mailing lists - Perhaps a UK list, a North American list... you get the picture.

OK, so I can create a group for each of those. I would then like to be able to search by email (.co.uk or .com for example - or perhaps by IP range, which would be more reliable). I would then like to be able to select all the British members (or those with UK IP addresses) and the add them to a group.

OK. I may or may not have chosen a good example of this usage, but I can imagine a number of other possibilites. Perhaps searching for all members that haven't posted for a few weeks and sending them a 'we're missing you' type of email. Or emailing all members who have listed web sites in their profiles...

How am I doing? Sound useful to anyone?  ;D

sacharya

I need to add about 1500 e-mails imported from a Yahoogroups forum to a newly created Simple Machine Forum.  Adding one member at a time is tedious.  Is there a way to add all the 1500 members simultaneously by copying the imported e-mails and pasting then on some file within the SFM database?  I would greatly appreciate a response soon.

Advertisement: