News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

YaBBSE 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 to SMF conversion

Started by Hollywoood, April 02, 2004, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywoood

Hey guys, im pretty new at this and need a little direction.  I am currently running YaBBSE 1.5.4 and want to do the conversion to SMF but i understand i need to upgrade to 1.5.5.  Can someone point me to some info on how to successfully accomplish this.  Thanks in advance.
Even if the Fight is Hopeless, I still Fight!!!

Peter Duggan

Quote from: Hollywoood on April 02, 2004, 04:45:04 PM
i understand i need to upgrade to 1.5.5.

Just upload and run the SMF upgrade package direct on your YSE 1.5.4 (but don't forget to backup first). FYI, there are no DB changes between 1.5.4 and 1.5.5, so it doesn't matter which you have.

Bartrainer

Hi, Ipm helping with the upgrade of these forums. The upgrade was successful (after i ran upgrade.php). It gave me an option to go to the forums, and now i get these errors. Can someone please help with these errors. Thank for your help.

Parse error: parse error in /home/roguewar/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 827

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/roguewar/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php:827) in /home/roguewar/public_html/forums/index.php on line 94

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/roguewar/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php:827) in /home/roguewar/public_html/forums/index.php on line 94

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: writelog() in /home/roguewar/public_html/forums/index.php on line 143
Everyone that says "it can't be done" is followed by someone that just did it.  The possibilities are as Powerful as your imagination...

"There are No bad cocktails, just bad drinkers."

Bartrainer

Anyone? Pls need some help here. Thanks  ???
Everyone that says "it can't be done" is followed by someone that just did it.  The possibilities are as Powerful as your imagination...

[Unknown]

Quote from: YUKON on April 02, 2004, 08:28:06 PM
Anyone? Pls need some help here. Thanks  ???

Could you try uploading Subs.php to Sources once more?

-[Unknown]

Bartrainer

Nope, still getting the same errors. what should i try next?

[Unknown]

Are you sure you're using a clean Subs.php?

And, are you sure you're using a version of PHP compatible with PHP?

There shouldn't be any parse errors.

-[Unknown]

Bartrainer

my php/mysql info :PHP version 4.3.3
                               MySQL version 4.0.16

Let me try to use a fresh subs.php file.

Bartrainer

still getting the same errors. Are these errors really fatal? Or can they be fixed? it was a 1.5.4 version but one of the moderators said it was ok to run the upgrade. I mean it all went in successfully, but when i tried to go to the forums i got the errors.

[Unknown]

That shouldn't matter.  Is the $sourcedir in Settings.php correct?  Was SMF ever working?

-[Unknown]

Bartrainer

no, it never worked. The forums worked right when they were 1.5.4. But i was only able to run the upgrade.php and it said that all the packages had been upgraded successfully. But then i ran into the errors.

Bartrainer

does this look right to you:
Quote$sourcedir = "/home/roguewar/public_html/forums/Sources";   # Directory with YaBB source files

[Unknown]

That's probably right.

I'm not sure what to tell you, because the Subs.php in the distribution... should not have a parse error.  Parse errors are bad.

Can you try downloading the package again?

-[Unknown]

Bartrainer

will do, i backed the forums up :) I'll try again tomorrow. Cya then, if i have parse. lol

Bartrainer

yes yes i'm a noob at this. Now that it didn't work i deleted the forums off of the web server. Then i uploaded the back-up to the web server, and now the forums won't show up. I'm getting a "cannot find server" error. Any suggestions?

[Unknown]

Tell you what.... give me the ftp details and I'll give it a shot.

-[Unknown]

Bartrainer

Sorry man i fell alseep right at the pc...roflmao. Anyways, when i see you are online i'll send you a message with all the ftp info. thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated.

Hollywoood

Yes,  Thank you very much Unknown.  I appreciate it more than you know
Even if the Fight is Hopeless, I still Fight!!!

Bartrainer

I would like to thank all that helped out, we finally got the forums converted and up. Thank you again, you guys are the best. First you come up with such a great product, then you are so willing to help. Cya around.

Advertisement: