News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Compare IP in reports

Started by rotor, May 14, 2006, 02:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rotor

Hi,

Don't know if this has been mentioned .. search function not working so can't check

Has anyone done a mod that allows admin to check for duplicate IP's amongst registered users. It would come in handy for checking for duplicate users especially when your forum has a policy for users to fill in the correct information - clubs etc

Anyone know of a 3rd party mod or something similar ??

rotor

rotor

Obviously not .....

How does everyone check for multiple accounts from the one user then ?? Surely you don't want one person using ten accounts? Email addresses can be got anywhere so that's no check ....

I would have thought IP checking was an important part of running a board - a simple IP check when they register and have the results (multiple accounts on the one IP) as well as the users IP sent in the email to Admin when a new user registers ..

Could even have an option of sending a warning email or report if a user logs in under an IP that another user has logged in with ...

any thoughts ??

rotor

liquidism

tho this topic is really old i would really appreciate this function. its exactly what im searching for a long time now.

cheers
//liq

rotor

There is the "Track User" function in the users Profile Info that you can use to check the IP against other users IP's.

It works ok, but you have to check every new user manually.

rotor

liquidism

sorry but thats not an option with 1445 regged users  ;)

jkrlvgn

Just a thought, but don't some people's IP change?  And, I mean, if someone wants to get around this, it wouldn't be all that hard...

If you've got over 1000 members, you shouldn't really be worried about dual registers...  I personally admire the boards that don't restrict it, because sometimes you need to have that separate account....but...hey...I don't know.

Let me look around, but I'm sure that someone could find a way to do an IP check on registering much like someone checks to see if a username is already taken....

Advertisement: